Nigerian scam comes full circle

Dear BENEFICIARIES.

SCAMMED VICTIM/$500,000 BENEFICIARIES.

REF/PAYMENTS CODE: 02007 $500,000,00.USD.

This is to bring to your notice that We have been having a meeting for

the passed 7 months which ended 2 days ago with the secretary to

the UNITED NATIONS. On this faithful recommendations, I want you to

know that during the last U.N. meetings held at Abuja, Federal Republic

of Nigeria, it was alarmed so much by the world in the meetings on

the lost of funds by various individuals to scams artists operating in

syndicates all over the world today.

In other to compensate these victims, the U.N Body is now paying 221

victims of this operators $500,000,00.USD each in accordance with the U.N

recommendations.

Due to the corrupt and in-efficient Banking Systems in Federal

Republic of Nigeria, the payments are to be paid by UNION BANK PLC as

corresponding paying bank under funding assistance by United Nation body.

Benefactor will be cleared and recommended for payment by UNION BANK PLC

Nigeria.According to the number of applicants at hand, 184 Beneficiaries

has been paid, half of the victims are from the United States ,we still

have more 37 left to be paid the compensations of $500,000,00.USD each.

Your particulars was mentioned by one of the Syndicates who was

arrested as one of their victims of the operations, you are hereby warned not

to communicate or duplicate this message to him for any reason what so

ever as the U.S. secret service is already on trace of the other

criminals.

So keep it secret till they are all apprehended.Other victims who

have not been contacted can submit their application as well for

scrutiny and possible consideration. You can receive your compensations

payments via, DRAFT/CHEQUE PAYMENTS.

You are advised to contact Dr. Davidson Moor of UNION BANK PLC, as he

is our representative in Nigeria, contact him immediately for your

Cheque/International Bank Draft of $500,000,00.USD This funds are in a

Bank Draft for security purpose ok? so he will send it to you and you can

clear it in any bank of your choice.

Therefore, you should send him your full Name and telephone number/your

correct mailing address where you want him to send the Draft to you.

Contact Person: Dr. Davidson Moor

Director,International Banking Dept

UNION BANK PLC

Email:davidsonmoor.compensationclaim@gmail.com

Thanks and God bless you and your family.

Hoping to hear from you as soon as you receive your payment.

Making the world a better place.

Regards,

Mr. Ban Ki-Moon

Secretary General (UNITED NATIONS).

SCAMMED VICTIM/REF/PAYMENTS CODE: 02007 $500,000,00.USD.

• 4 weeks later...

An interesting coincidence that you started this thread.. I have a drum lesson ad on Craigslist and so far have gotten nothing but these scammers..

Examples...

Hello...........

Am Mrs Howard Rose. I am from U.K my son will be coming for an holiday in the U.S.A and i want him to be busy throughout.. Therefore, i just want to know maybe he can always come to you and teach him great things every afternoon. If this is possible,i will want you to get back to me with the cost of your teaching for the July to September.. He will be coming to your house for 1 hour each afternoon,

I have someone that will always drive him down to your house.. His name is Daniel , he is 16 years old. I will want you to calculate 1 hour per day for Monday, Wednesday & Friday for the whole 2 Month and get back to me so that we can arrange on payment. Kindly get back to me with......

1.YOUR CHARGE FOR AN HOUR....

2.TOTAL CHARGES FOR 2 MONTH THAT HE WILL BE TAUGHT 3 TIMES PER WEEK..

3.FULL NAME AND ADDRESS WITH ZIP CODE....

4.YOUR PHONE NUMBER...

Don't hesitate to e-mail with your total charges.

Thanks and looking to hearing from you soon.

With Best Regards

This one came with an interesting font. Guess they thought that would disguise the fact that it is an obvious attempt to defraud.

Subject: teacher needed

Hello,

Good day to you over there Teacher, I need a tutor for my Child (David) for just a month, i got your advert while surfing through the internet and i really want my child to be taught by you as you are with tutoring Experiences {David} is just a little child and easily catch up.Although,i came to understand that you are in (US} but i've arranged with my client (son Nanny) living there in the STATE that my child is coming to stay with her for the period of tutoring and she has agreed with me, But we personaly reside in UK and here is my phone number +447031860621 or +447024037663 for contact..kindly get back to me with the required information below .

1.CHARGE FOR AN HOUR.....................

2.TOTAL CHARGES FOR 1 MONTH THAT HE WILL BE TAUGHT 3 TIMES PER WEEK....................

3.FULL NAME AND ADDRESS.......................

4.YOUR PHONE NUMBER.......................

Regarding where the lesson will be holding,i hope if you dont have appertment where you can tutor,it will be better if the lesson can take place in public facility or in local library in your area.i think that could be okay.I think you just have the option of where to make the lesson available while you hope it will be a surcessful lesson for you and my child.

Thanks, I hope to read from you as soon as possible so that the Tutor can commend immediately.

Regards.

Subject: Private Lessons

Hi, How are you doing today?

I need an instructor for my son (Paul) base on your advert.Paul is 14 year old and a beginner but doesn't have any previous experience in the instrument.He'll be coming to your location for the lessons starting from June 24th.I'm currently out of the state for a new job appointment in London.He will be staying with my cousin living there for the period i'll be out the state.Get back to me with the following details:

Your studio policy with regard to fees, cancellations, and make-up lessons

Do you provide performance opportunities for students?

Total fees for three month lessons,two one-hour lessons in a week.

Your teaching location and phone number.

My best regards, John.

Subject: lesson needed kb

HELLO TEACHER,

How are you doing i beleive that education is the bedrock of wisdom i saw your description and i am very interested in having my child attend your classes, my son is 13YEARSold , he will be coming for an holiday season in your area, he knows some things about your lessons,so i want him to be more grounded in it very well and as a juvenile i dont want him to be less busy so that he wont think of the unthinkables if you understand.

He will be attending your classes 2hours a day (10am to 12pm)if this is not convenient for you ,you can choose a time that is more convenient for you,so what you will do is calculate the cost for a week and send me the total cost,i will be paying you with cashier cheque,i am not around for now i am busy so get back to me with your cost and any other thing may be extra charges depending on you ok

like to hear from you soon as no time should be wasted

MY REGARDS TO YOU.

Right. After you send them the info, they will send you a (fake) check for three times the amount you asked for. Then they will ask you to keep the amount you asked for x2, and send the rest back to them.

3 weeks later your bank will tell you its a fake check and you will be 3X in the red.

Happened to a friend.

Edited by bluesbro

Right. After you send them the info, they will send you a (fake) check for three times the amount you asked for. Then they will ask you to keep the amount you asked for x2, and send the rest back to them.

3 weeks later your bank will tell you its a fake check and you will be 3X in the red.

Happened to a friend.

Um. It must be great to be able to predict the future with such uncanny accuracy...

I can take take this one step more with these scam bastards.

I put an on line ad to find someone to adopt a kitten. I don't want any money other then a loving home for him. I've change some of the email in the slight chance this was a legit email.

my name is XXXXXX, i am interested in the adoption of your pet which i saw the advert of it on petfinder.com. Let me make a brief introduction of my self with my family, I live with my wife, son and daughter in my own owned house which has a fenced yard. My son is 18 and my daughter is 17 yr older moreso we are a family that so much cherish pets and we are ready to give the pet a loving home. At the risk of sounding too rude i will be very glad to know the adoption fee of the pet, I will like to know the present condition of the pet and since i live in the south carolina, what is the name of the pet ? Kindly let me know if you will provide me banking informaton so I can wire you payment because that is going to be my preffered mode of payment What i am trying to say is that i will bear the shipping cost and give you 200 dollars for the pet if this is enough, and here is my address 425 Bla Bla Rd. No where, SC 29053 and as soon as the pet arrive our home the pictures of the pet will be always sent to you every twice in a month so that you can know that we are going to be taking good care of the pet.A welcome party will be organised for the pet the first day of its arrival to our loving home, Pls email me the picture of the pet if available .looking forward to your kind response as soon as you can.

Remain Blessed

Edited by Hardbopjazz

I put an on line ad to find someone to adopt a kitten. I don't want any money other then a loving home for him. I've change some of the email in the slight chance this was a legit email.

my name is XXXXXX, i am interested in the adoption of your pet which i saw the advert of it on petfinder.com. Let me make a brief introduction of my self with my family, I live with my wife, son and daughter in my own owned house which has a fenced yard. My son is 18 and my daughter is 17 yr older moreso we are a family that so much cherish pets and we are ready to give the pet a loving home. At the risk of sounding too rude i will be very glad to know the adoption fee of the pet, I will like to know the present condition of the pet and since i live in the south carolina, what is the name of the pet ? Kindly let me know if you will provide me banking informaton so I can wire you payment because that is going to be my preffered mode of payment What i am trying to say is that i will bear the shipping cost and give you 200 dollars for the pet if this is enough, and here is my address 425 Bla Bla Rd. No where, SC 29053 and as soon as the pet arrive our home the pictures of the pet will be always sent to you every twice in a month so that you can know that we are going to be taking good care of the pet.A welcome party will be organised for the pet the first day of its arrival to our loving home, Pls email me the picture of the pet if available .looking forward to your kind response as soon as you can.

Remain Blessed

South Carolina has to import kittens? Who knew.

• 3 years later...

Remain Blessed

My uncle took out a Craig's List ad to give away a dog he inherited when a neighbor died. Some guys from the next town over showed up to take him but my uncle got a bad vibe from them so he told them no. He found out later that these guys take these dogs and use them to train fighting dogs. They're basically used for live combat training to give their dogs the taste of blood. There are some sickos out there.