Organissimo on Mitch Albom show today

Good luck!

My wife's from Michigan and her mom loves Mitch Albom.

She also keeps telling me how Farmer Jack's has better prices and food than the stores out here.

To quote my future governor, "Kill Me Now!"

Have fun! :D

Farmer Jack is great. I think Meijer has better prices more consistently though.

Mitch also writes for the Detroit Free Press. He tore into the Lions last week, deservedly. I think he is also working on a movie with Hank Azaria

I'm bummed that WJR's streaming is down. That's a real stinker.

Mitch himself wasn't there today. He's doing a book tour to support his new release. But the replacement, Frank (I can't recall his last name... horrible, I know...) was very nice and we had fun.

They did a short interview towards the end of the show with just me and we played little 30 to 45 second shorts three times an hour to bring the show back from commercial. If it helps spread the word, that's all that matters!

What's funny is that they interviewed via phone Denny McClain who just got out of prison (yes, the Denny McClain from the Detroit Tigers). As some may know, he plays organ and Frank mentioned I had a Hammond B3 in the studio Denny got all excited and said, "Wow! Good for him! Man, I haven't seen one of those in a long time!"

Funny stuff.

They plugged the record and the website. As for getting the gig, they have a form you fill out on the website and then if they dig your application or website or something a guy calls and you send a press kit in. If they like that, they book ya! :)

We were supposed to be on last May but the Pistons were in the play-offs and Mitch was gone for two weeks so they re-scheduled. Of course he was gone here, too. :wacko: