Hoops 2008-2009

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yao Ming broke his foot again. The same one that he broke last year and had the screw put in. Not good.

If the Chinese National Team would stop beating him into the ground, he'd be playing beautifully right now.

OTOH....

Go Lakers!!!

The Lakers are Dr. Jeckle & Mr. Horseshit. Won't win a title with this inconsistent play. They look totally lost on both sides of the ball. Fisher has never looked this old.

Don't lose heart, Noj.

Lakers basketball, is all.

Hey Laker fans, I hate to remind you, but this is the same bullshit the Pistons tried to pull after winning their championship in 2004. Play down to the level of your competition, try to "turn it on" when you need to, etc.

It doesn't work. When you are supposed to win a series, all the pressure is on YOU. The other team isn't supposed to win, so they can relax, focus, and play ball.

The Lakers, if they do make it to the Finals, will not win a championship.

On another note, I despise both Van Gundy's. I want to make a website dedicated to both of them called STFU.com :)

Hey Laker fans, I hate to remind you, but this is the same bullshit the Pistons tried to pull after winning their championship in 2004. Play down to the level of your competition, try to "turn it on" when you need to, etc.

It doesn't work. When you are supposed to win a series, all the pressure is on YOU. The other team isn't supposed to win, so they can relax, focus, and play ball.

The Lakers, if they do make it to the Finals, will not win a championship.

On another note, I despise both Van Gundy's. I want to make a website dedicated to both of them called STFU.com :)

Right, Pistons made same mistake for four years and never learned their lesson.

Sorry, what is STFU.COM

Can't disagree with any of that, Jim. Although the Celtics also pulled this crap last year and won.

Please start the website, and include Mark Jackson and Chris Webber in the dedications.

Yeah, but those Celtics just didn't know and learned their lesson on the way to that championship.

I don't see the Lakers getting by Denver. Denver is on a roll and Mr.Big Shot is on a mission to prove Joe Dumars wrong.

Agreed, but I think it is more Denver's hunger than Billups' proving anything to Joe. Billups was just the missing piece to make the team championship caliber. AI was useless.

:bwallace2:

The Lakers don't lose at home but as I see it the only two players that are tough on the Lakers are Kobe and Fisher. Since Denver doesn't have a lot of speed at the guard spots I think Fisher can hang but toughness may come into play with the big men. I felt back in January there were only two teams that could stop the Lakers from making the finals and that would be a healthy Spurs or the Billups lead Nuggets.

Edited by WorldB3

I don't think both the Lakers and Celts win tomorrow

One of those two are going fishing

Very difficult to win a 7th game on the road. I'm going to go w/ both home teams but if one of the home teams is going to lose it's gonna be the Lakers.

In the history of best-of-7 NBA playoff series from 1947 through the 2009 NBA Preliminary round, home teams in Game 7 have an 82-20 (.804) record in all rounds, and a 38-7 (.844) record in the Quarterfinals. The Boston Celtics have a 17-3 home-court Game 7 record; the Los Angeles Lakers are 10-1 on their home court in Game 7.

http://www.whowins.com/home.html

Here's what I want to see from the Lakers: Post up Gasol low on the box early in the shot clock and often. Kobe doesn't need to score a lot so much as shoot a high percentage and drive the ball to the hoop instead of settling for contested jumpers. Bynum needs to look to score, and the Lakers need to give him a chance to score. Fisher needs to make shots if he's going to be on the floor. Same goes for Farmar and Vujacic.

3rd quarter and Lakers have game well in hand. Houston didn't show up today.

This game got boring early. Lakers executing well, Rockets looking totally out of sync. Bynum played well.

I hope the Celtics/Magic game is a little more interesting, I'm guessing it will be.

Edited by Free For All

I just don't think the Lakers took the Rockets seriously enough, personally. They clearly had more talent, but maybe not more heart.

Houston did well to take this series to 7, without their two main offensive cogs (McGrady & Yao) and one and a half defensive threats - Yao and Dikembe.