Hoops 2008-2009

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Stern must shitting bricks at the thought of a Orlando/Denver final.

Oh yeah, you can bet on that. Stern was so sure it was going to be Lakers/Boston again. Then he was hoping for Lakers/Cleveland; NOW, he doesn't know who will end up in the final. Right now, I have to give you a ditto on a strong possibility of an Orlando/Denver final.

It helped that the Lakers put the McNuggets in the penalty with nearly 5 minutes left. They earned about two actual buckets down the stretch, and the rest were from the charity stripe. Not so good for me to watch, the Lakers could have opened a bakery with all their turnovers.

Yeah, well that is the way of the playoffs. Lots of freethrows at end of games. Magic always used to say "you got to make your freethrows." But those turnovers were helped along by good Denver D.

I'd be a billionaire íf I was the Nuggets tattoo artist

Who ever said that loads of tats look all that great on guys. KMart looks like a fool with those big lips on his neck.

I'd be a billionaire íf I was the Nuggets tattoo artist

Who ever said that loads of tats look all that great on guys. KMart looks like a fool with those big lips on his neck.

kenyon-martin1.jpg

Those lips bug me too, but I think the Birdman gives Martin a run for his money as far as # of tattoos.

chris-anderson-birdman.jpg

Man,

what a f*&k*ng shot.

I just knew Orlando had done it again, pulled a big upset come from behind victory. Not!

But you know what, Cleveland is still in trouble. They can't keep losing leads like that and win the series.

Ya know? Wednesday night was painful to watch when Williams miss that bucket with a second on the clock- and Williams was amazing just shooting without even having a chance to think about it; tonight though, LeBron was AMAZING!!! OUR HOUSE WENT NUTS! So yeah, we dropped a game on home turf, but tonight was a major boost for Clevaland.

Did you guys see that 3 pointer that Kobe hit with like a minute to go to put the Lakers up by 2?? Man the net barely moved.

I have to say that this year's NBA playoffs is one of the best I can remember. Most of the series have been incredible(Well okay the Cavs/Pistons was pretty lame) and these two are no different.

All statements below are IMO and Facts IMO

Lakers won in spite of

Missed about 14 free throws

No Outside shots

No rebounding

Denver went to the hoop at will

Walton guarding Melo was a joke

Walton's lob to the Black Mamba? Sick

D Fish needs to come off bench Getting old

Game over when # 24 had that look on his face at the end

Anyone hear those guys say Gasol was the third best player on the court? IMO Mr Big Shot is the third best in this series

Melo has a very quick release on his jumper

Smooth jumper when he heats up

Isnt# 24 close to being suspended with his 6/7 techs?

Finally saw Mr BS hit #24 in the ass with the inbound pass and make the basket LMAO

Putting your hand within an inch on the guy's face with the ball is freaking weak

You do that lame move and hit the guy's face you deserve a Technical Foul

Also # 24 Does Not get all the calls a player of his status in the league should get

I understand you gotta rough #24 up and slow him down but when he gets the ball it's like he's playing rugby

Example

# 24 blows by everyone and the dude pushed # 24 in back with both hands after # 24's in the air going for a layup

FU<KING LAME and a cheap shot

All IMO

Edited by Soulstation1

Plus, they seem like a team w/o the "champion mentality". It's kinda intangible, but I can see it when it's there, having watched the Mavericks all these years...

Coaching becomes an issue with that, I think, as well as does raising the question if LeBron in Cleveland = Kareem in Milwaukee...

Now watch'em come out w/some non-stop spank for the duration... :g