I got a letter in today's mail

This evening I got back late from work and got this letter from Bowling Green State University, my alma mater. I quote:

Dear Mr. Connoisseur,

The Office of Development has been privileged to receive a gift in your honor in support of the Bowling-Thompson student Union. Your name will be displayed on a personalized limestone tile in the Student Union.

Every tile purchased serves as an investment in the future of Bowling Green State University and its students. The Bowen-Thompson Student Union serves to better position the University to achieve its vision of being the premier learning community in Ohio and one of the best in the nation.

The tile was purchased by:

Dr. XXX XXXXX

PO Box XXX

XXXXXXX Ohio.

BGSU is a University that changes lives, and its graduates change the lives of others.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX

Man, I been walking on air all night long! I've got good friends! Wow!!! :rsmile: :g:rlol

Nice thing to come home to. :tup

Thanks for your nice comments everybody.

Got off work today and knew that I had to get a "thank you" card. Didn't have much time before Halloween started so I figured I would combine the need to get my kid some touchups to his costume and the need to get a card. Hit the local Kmart and couldn't find a single "thank you" card. All birthday stuff.

Well at least I got my kid his costume. Made it home just in time to take him around the neighborhood in the rain. :mellow: In the meantime, I've still got to get a card.

The professor who donated the money, was a teacher of mine back in 1978-9. We've kept in touch over the years and talk about once every three months. We spoke only last week and he never said a thing about this. The sly dog.... ^_^