Miles live in 1967 boot on eBay spotted

Miles Davis, November 6th 1967.

Excellent sound quality and performance (especially "Round Midnight"). There's a more complete version of this same performance on the JMY label called "No Blues" (which includes one extra tune for about 12 minutes more music), but if you can find this "Gold Collection" one cheap - it's well worth getting.

MILES DAVIS CD THE GOLD COLLECTION SEALED NEW

Several years ago these were available in every Best Buy in the country, for only $4 or $5 a pop. I bought it every time I saw it, and passed it along to several friends, and even a couple relatives as Christmas presents.

$10 (including postage) is an OK price for this, but don't spend much more than that for it, if the bidding goes up much above the minimum price on this auction.

All the usual disclaimers apply: I'm not the seller, the seller ain't me, I don't know the seller, the seller don't know me, I never bought nothin' from the seller. Oh, and package sold by weight and not volume, and some settling may have occured in shipment... :w

It's Wayneherbierontony, and they're doing Round Midnight, No Blues. Mascalero, I Fall In Love Too Easily, Riot, Walkin', Green Dolphin Street, und Da Theme.

Those are the tunes on the JMY disc, and as Mr. Ties notes, the Gold Collection disc is a slightly abridged version of this. I've got it on cassette, but a bunch of my cassettes are in storage right now so I can't tell you what the changes are. Mascalero is on there, though, in a beautiful rendidition.

The level of this band was such that as far as I'm concerned, every live thing by them that's available is worth having.

Edited by JSngry

I assume that this is different than the "Antwerpen" concert from around the same time that has been released on Jazzman?

Yes, the "Antwerpen" disc (which I have in a different issue), is from a different date that the Nov. 6th, 1967 show (which was in Paris - if I remember right). The "Antwerpen" date was from a concert about a week before. Very similar set-lists, but a different night.

I'll look up the details later, and report them here to this thread...