Guest Chaney

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just finished Shekhina (and ironing).

Not really a disk I'd recommend anyone rush out and buy. (It's OOP, so...) Tsahar's playing doesn't do much for me. He doesn't seem to play with a great deal of strength, not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just that, while I was listening and doing my chores, I had the feeling as if he were clinging to my arm, mouth at my ear, complaining.

Tsahar is accompanied by Parker on bass -- doing that Parker thang -- and Flurin's girlfriend Susie Ibarra on drums. She's impressive as her touch is so gentlle.

On to Open Systems (Tsahar / Ragin / Kowald / Drake) and dusting. (Flurin -- or was it John? -- is fond of this one but, after my having one previous listen and not likng what I had heard, I put it aside for another day. Looks like today is that day.)

Edited by Chaney

Tony, Hans - I am impressd by your progress. Gonna go do some creative cleanig as well.

Done with Vysniauskas (got even better by the end... great stuff), and will go for joyful optimistic (I need that while cleaning) Enrico Fazio Quintet "Euphoria" (Splasc(H), 1991).

Open Systems: Kowald is HUGE! Gee, what a surprise... NOT!

Thank you.

On to the bathroom. Cleaning the bathroom, that is. :winky:

David: Glad Hans and I could inspire you to clean your hovel.

Hmm, that looks very silly but might be very useful... It's probably pretty expensive.

708 Euro

This is a new product, introduced just a couple if months ago (it is not even avaialble in the US yet - probably because peole there enjoy ironig more). In 6 months price will fall by 30-40%.

I used to be so much more fussy when it came to ironing but as I consider it the most loathsome of domestic chores, I've stopped ironing my dress shirts and now only iron my pants.

708 Euros for that shirt ironing contraption? What's that, like $4k American? (Might make a nice x-mas gift from, let's say, a European member of this board to a certain American member.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re Open Systems, looks like Open Systems is the band name and is / est the title of the album. I like Tsahar better on this one. I can't say why exactly as he seems to be doing pretty much the say thing he did on Shekhina. It's likely that less of him in this quartet setting works to his advantage, at least in winning me over. (The goal of all musicians, no doubt. Getting the :tup from me. :rolleyes: ) (And not that I've been 'won over' by Tsahar. Him in a trio setting is just too much.) Hamid 'Force of Nature' Drake might also have something to do with it as his is a much more propulsive style than Ibarra's; less space and opportunity for Tsahar to dawdle.

Pretty good disk. A bit SINOW, but the monster presence of Kowald exhumes it from that opinion category. I could see many folks on this board liking this one, what with its post-hardbop sound. (Is that what you'd call it?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any opinions on Caspar Brotzmann? (I've never heard him play.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bathroom: :tup

Maybe we're ready for a series of DVDs? Clean the Funny Rat Way!

Hamid 'Force of Nature' Drake might also have something to do with it as his is a much more propulsive style than Ibarra's;  less space and opportunity for Tsahar to dawdle.

Ibarra's probably too gentle for her husband (Tsahar) ;)

Ex or so I thought.

Hamid 'Force of Nature' Drake might also have something to do with it as his is a much more propulsive style than Ibarra's;  less space and opportunity for Tsahar to dawdle.

Ex or so I thought.

Didn't know that. Maybe she was too gentle...

Ex or so I thought.

I really should start reading the free / improv tabloids...