MLB 2009 Season

I'm here in the Bay Area for the week, so I've been watching the Dodgers - Giants games. The Blue has hammered the Giants the first two games, not even close. We'll see about this afternoon when Lincecum takes the mound for the Giants. This Eugenio Velez, plays second base for the Giants, I cannot stand his style of play, it's about the ugliest I've ever seen.

Yeah, but Uribe sure as hell beat your smug little Dodger asses today, didn't he. Walk-off HR, baby. And they are throwing at everybody's big hitters, too. Typical Dodger chicken shit.

And Freddy Sanchez plays 2B.

Six more games in September with my guys and I hope to God they just bury those stinkin' Dodgers then bean Mannywood, Ethier and Blake [twice] right in the ear hole....the lucky bastards.

FUCK the Dodgers.

Grrrrrr :angry:

Whoa big fella, I'm a Seattle Mariner fan, not a Dodger fan.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure why Goodie's so full of hatred for the Dodgers, especially on a night when his boys hit a walk-off homer to beat the Dodgers. I'd think he'd be a bit less seething with anger and a bit more excited since his team is playing good baseball. Anyone else I could see hating Manny, and Ethier and Blake are about as classy as baseball players get...

By the way, I went to high school with Freddy Sanchez--super cool dude and I hope he plays well for SF.

Edited by Noj

Not sure why Goodie's so full of hatred for the Dodgers, especially on a night when his boys hit a walk-off homer to beat the Dodgers. I'd think he'd be a bit less seething with anger and a bit more excited since his team is playing good baseball. Anyone else I could see hating Manny, and Ethier and Blake are about as classy as baseball players get...

By the way, I went to high school with Freddy Sanchez--super cool dude and I hope he plays well for SF.

Ethier is a stud. No way should he have been in a position to tie the game due to the worst umpiring over a 3 games series I have ever seen but he came through in the clutch. It sucks that the Umps took away a win from Cy Lincecum.

I have a man crush on Freddy Sanchez, great pick up.

Dodgers will win the west but maybe, maybe the Giants can get the WC. We will know if they can pull it off after the upcoming road trip.

Edited by WorldB3

What's your problem with Casey Blake, beard envy? :tophat:

Brian Wilson does this "X" thing after every win/save to honor his family and his faith in God.

Casey Blake was mocking him during the Giants' last visit to LaLa Land. What a jackass.

Since the [hated] Dodgers have taken to throwing at people, especially in the late innings, I sincerely hope somebody makes him kiss the dirt then just screws one up under his rib cage. The bastard.

Grrrrr :angry:

Edited by GoodSpeak

Brian Wilson does this "X" thing after every win/save to honor his family and his faith in God.

Casey Blake was mocking him during the Giants' last visit to LaLa Land. What a jackass.

Wilson's display, despite what he claims it means to him, is going to be taken as showing up the batter. The display doesn't come with a spelled out disclaimer that he's "honoring his family and his faith in God," and doing it in a celebratory manner in the wake of a win/save makes that excuse for it not only lame but disingenuous.

Wilson's display, despite what he claims it means to him, is going to be taken as showing up the batter. The display doesn't come with a spelled out disclaimer that he's "honoring his family and his faith in God," and doing it in a celebratory manner in the wake of a win/save makes that excuse for it not only lame but disingenuous.

Even though I am a huge Dodger hater I completely agree.

Phils can forget about repeating this year w/ Bradley Thomas Lidge as their closer. It amazing of how poorly he has pitched this year compared to last year when he was a perfect 48 for 48. Including tonight he has 7 blown saves and an ERA of 7.29 WTF?

Make that 8 blown saves, 0-5 record, 7.27 ERA.

I would agree with you Noj....if Wilson was turned towards the plate or up in somebody's face doing it. But he isn't. Fact is, he turns away and toward centerfeild and looks up to and points to the sky. I seriously do not know how anyone could see it as anything else. Would you say the same about a player who crosses himself before batting? How about when [and this is quite common throughout the MLB] that same batter hits a HR and points to the sky as he crosses homeplate? No my friend, there is no mistaking what Wilson is doing after a win/save.

Besides, and here's my point, nobody else in the entire league is mocking Wilson except for Blake.

Hence, Casey Blake is a jackass.

Scroll up to my response to Noj...then tell me if you still feel the same.

And Casey Blake is still a jackass.

Edited by GoodSpeak

I would agree with you Noj....if Wilson was turned towards the plate or up in somebody's face doing it. But he isn't. Fact is, he turns away and toward centerfeild and looks up to and points to the sky. I seriously do not know how anyone could see it as anything else. Would you say the same about a player who crosses himself before batting? How about when [and this is quite common throughout the MLB] that same batter hits a HR and points to the sky as he crosses homeplate? No my friend, there is no mistaking what Wilson is doing after a win/save.

Besides, and here's my point, nobody else in the entire league is mocking Wilson except for Blake.

I understand where your coming from on this but lets remember that Blake also apologized after he he was told why Wilson does what he does. I don't think the Giants or Wilson are upset about it at all. I think Giants fans are over reacting a bit by being upset about it.

Back in Gibson and Drysdale era none of this watching home runs at home plate till the ball cleared the fence and flipping the bat or relievers making gestures after big outs would fly. K-Rod for the Mets is way over the top compared to Wilson buts we are in the TV-ESPN Sports Center era. It was it is.

Speaking of getting thrown at, I know you have to protect your guys and all but twice in the last couple weeks Giants pitchers came close to hitting Victorino and today hit David Wright in the head where is was obvious it was nothing more than complete lack of control. Yes it's not cool to throw at peoples heads but looking that replays its was obvious that neither were lets hit the batter situations. Luckily it cost the Mets today as Pedro went deep after the brush back (forward in this case). Hopefully David Wright is ok as that looked very scary but no way in hell was Cain tying to hit him.

I understand where your coming from on this but lets remember that Blake also apologized after he he was told why Wilson does what he does. I don't think the Giants or Wilson are upset about it at all. I think Giants fans are over reacting a bit by being upset about it.

Back in Gibson and Drysdale era none of this watching home runs at home plate till the ball cleared the fence and flipping the bat or relievers making gestures after big outs would fly. K-Rod for the Mets is way over the top compared to Wilson buts we are in the TV-ESPN Sports Center era. It was it is.

Speaking of getting thrown at, I know you have to protect your guys and all but twice in the last couple weeks Giants pitchers came close to hitting Victorino and today hit David Wright in the head where is was obvious it was nothing more than complete lack of control. Yes it's not cool to throw at peoples heads but looking that replays its was obvious that neither were lets hit the batter situations. Luckily it cost the Mets today as Pedro went deep after the brush back (forward in this case). Hopefully David Wright is ok as that looked very scary but no way in hell was Cain tying to hit him.

I hope Wright is OK, too. Just a very bad pitch as far as I'm concerned. I mean, if Cain was 4-12 it would make more sense. However, he's a 12-4 dead solid pitcher this year. What reason would he have to plunk a guy....especially early in the game? But let's be clear on this: The [hated] Dodgers have taken to throwing at opposing team hitters. I say, everybody needs to start throwing at the [hated] Dodgers hitters.

Let's start with Casey "jackass" Blake.

As to Blake's apology...he's still a [hated] Dodger, right? I don't believe the sincerity any more than I think the fans cheering Mannywood is justified after all their Barry Bonds hate.

In short: Fuck the Dodgers.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Bitter! BTW, I carry no hate for Barry Bonds. In fact, I have no hate for any of the steroid users and consider all their numbers legitimate.

Terrible evening for the Dodgers. Kuroda took a liner off the noggin that careened clear into the stands behind home plate. Then Broxton served up back to back homers to the DBacks in the bottom of the 9th to blow a 3-1 advantage, and Arizona won it in the 10th. Maybe that will brighten Brother Goodz' demeanor. :rolleyes:

As for the F- the Dodgers thing as a bay area native I hate them also but I don't know if its a maturity thing on my part or what but this years Dodgers squad is much more likable than the Cey-Garvey era.

I don't know if its my respect for Torre but aside from I would prefer the Dodgers to not win the NL West I don't have personal issues with them, in fact I enjoy watching them play as they are a exciting team to watch. Some of their fans are jackasses but every team has those.

So if not for a fluke ninth inning rally, the worthless pieces of contemptible shit would have been swept in Texas, with two fucking runs scored per game. 8 1/2 to the Yankees in another two hours. Out of the wild card and as I said, no doubt about it out of contention by September 1.

For once will you do something useful and beat the motherfucking Yankees in October? I'm fucking begging you, Al.

11.jpg

So if not for a fluke ninth inning rally, the worthless pieces of contemptible shit would have been swept in Texas, with two fucking runs scored per game. 8 1/2 to the Yankees in another two hours. Out of the wild card and as I said, no doubt about it out of contention by September 1.

For once will you do something useful and beat the motherfucking Yankees in October? I'm fucking begging you, Al.

Edited by Soulstation1