MLB 2009 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ryan Howard get a hit and then steals a base??

I know--pitiful on NY's part re: the SB! NY would have quite likely emerged from that inning unscathed if Howard doesn't steal second base.

So far Blanton is definitely outpitching CC--and CC's pitch count is now at 66 after only 4 innings.

Edited by ghost of miles

Crap! Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!Crap! Crap!

I think NY would have been much better off w/CC swinging instead of trying to bunt.

Who can figure out how Geradi manages a game?

Did my eyes decieve me, but it looked like Felix could have got that grounder?

Yes, he should have. And Chase should have tried to get the runner at first instead of 2nd.

Phillies are imploding once again. I mean it's walks and BS infield hits and bad fielding that are killing them. The Yankees haven't hit anything hard since Damon's hit in the first.

Edited by J.H. Deeley

I think NY would have been much better off w/CC swinging instead of trying to bunt.

Who can figure out how Geradi manages a game?

Did my eyes decieve me, but it looked like Felix could have got that grounder?

Yes, he should have. And Chase should have tried to get the runner at first instead of 2nd.

Phillies are imploding once again. I mean and it's BS little infield hits. The Yankees haven't hit anything hard since Damon's hit in the first.

I'm watching the game off my computer, I can only get the high shot from behind home plate, and Felix had that grounder, but it looked like he thought JRoll was going to get it and pulled off -- he must be kicking himself in the dugout.

ARod has been tamed!

I know it sounds like 20/20 hindsight, but I thought Girardi should have pulled Sabbathia after Rollins and Victorino hit the ball hard to start off the bottom on the seventh. Instead, he leaves him in long enough for Chase Utley to dial 9 for the third time in the Series, all off Sabbathia. That's a run you didn't need to give up.

Up over and out.

Boy, the Yanks just cannot seem to get a hit off Madson--he seems to have been the most effective Phillie out of the bullpen so far this series.

EDIT: they (and Cano) finally get a hit off Madson, but it's a fluke single.

Time for the shaky 'n swayin' bridge to Mo. :unsure:

Edited by ghost of miles