Can we start a thread all about me?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck, do you believe in petting on the first date? I mean, if both parties are mature and liberal?

what is your cholesterol count? HDLs?

when did you first realize that god had forsaken you?

at what point in your life did you decide that analog was superior to digital?

how many times a week do you eat red meat?

(hope this helps)

My ego is possibly larger than most but I don't cry for attention as much as a couple of esteemed members. I find myself skipping threads where the last post was by one of them.

YMMV.

what does YMMV mean? you crazy kids and your internets lingo....

My ego is possibly larger than most but I don't cry for attention as much as a couple of esteemed members. I find myself skipping threads where the last post was by one of them.

YMMV.

what does YMMV mean? you crazy kids and your internets lingo....

You might mean Vagina.....I think.

YMMV.

Who the hell is "esteemed" around here? I often see quite a few people who are "steamed", but... ^_^

But yeah, guys being starved for attention can turn me off too. Maybe take a year and a half off like I did? No, no, don't do that. Let's ask Allen to do that (feels safe in ribbing Allen, having exchanged PM's with him today).

Perhaps we could introduce a new Organissimo feature: Private Nessages.. They could take a week to get to their destination and we could all complain about that, which would further spread the Nessage.

pretty darn clever, Chris! :P

btw, it was great to see an article by you in the latest Downbeat!

Edited by ValerieB

Perhaps we could introduce a new Organissimo feature: Private Nessages.. They could take a week to get to their destination and we could all complain about that, which would further spread the Nessage.

What article, Valerie?

hey chris - get your own thread!!!

:crazy:

What article, Valerie?

an article on Cannonball the Communicator from Jan. 8, 1970 by our very own Chris. and i just came across photos of me in a two piece bathing suit around a pool with Cannon, John Levy and Walter Bishop that were taken in 1971. the guys seem to be recognized by everyone i show the pix to but no one easily realizes it's me!! nothing further! i rest my case!

There are other ways of drawing attention to yourself. Try the haiku approach - minimalist two or three word interventions in threads you are not really interested in, generally barking at people there for not sharing your views. Or if you are particularly insecure, find the minor celebrities on the board and tell them how much you've learned from them; when they bark at you, tell them how much you appreciate their plain speaking.

I prefer the 'Why are you still all talking about America?' approach to attention seeking. Doesn't seem to work very well.

Someone posted a wonderful site that identifies scores of internet types with cartoons and definitions. You recognise everyone you've ever met on an internet site...including, embarrassingly, yourself! Can't recall the name.

Edit:

Ah! This is the one:

Flame Warriors

Edited by Bev Stapleton

This does not need a new thread as it has all been covered comprehensively in this (amazing) thread: David Ayers: My Struggle.

That thread also covers stuff like how I once tried to speak to someone semi-well known at a gig, what I think of Grant Green on the basis that I played guitar twenty years ago, and how one of my Mosaic sets is number 4,999.

This does not need a new thread as it has all been covered comprehensively in this (amazing) thread: David Ayers: My Struggle.
You got me, MF! I actually clicked on the link, expecting to find something. Touche! Edited by fasstrack