Bob Weinstock and Me

Dan Gould

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, this may have been asked, but I haven't read through all 75 posts on this thread. Can you ask how many sessions Prestige did that remain in the vaults. If there are, what was the reason they didn't get released. Most likely Bob's answer will they were not up to par with the issued stuff.

Edited by Hardbopjazz

Thought you'd all like to know that I finally nailed down an appointment with Bob, for this Saturday, Feb. 14.

Wish me luck, and thanks again for everyone's suggestions!

Luck!

February 14? Does Mrs. Gould know yet?

Bring flowers and candy! For both of 'em! :g

:g

Actually, the Mrs. has to work Saturday, giving me time after the interview to put together the "surprise" Valentine's dinner-scallops/shrooms/peapods/broccoli in the wok. Bit of a risk, since I usually do pork or chicken. Just gotta figure out a sauce for it ...

2 heads Caramelized Garlic

2 fresh lemons, juice only

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

2 Tblsp. olive oil

1 Tblsp. fresh parsley, chopped

2 Tblsp. fresh basil, chopped

3 each green onions or scallions, chopped

1 tsp. Tabasco sauce

fresh ground black pepper

Remove the garlic cloves from the heads and place in a nonreactive bowl. Add the lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, parsley, basil, green onions or scallions, Tabasco, and fresh ground black pepper. Mix all the ingredients, and saucify when needed.

Might not leave a romantic residue on the breath, but damn it's good!

I'll keep that one in mind.

Also thinking of a little cross-sauceing though I'm not sure if it will work or not. What about the sauce that goes on Sesame Noodles, which starts with peanut butter but adds sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce.

Or maybe I should play it safe and just make Sesame Noodles as a side dish!

Well, the interview is done and it was quite interesting. Bob's a highly opinionated guy and quite willing to share stories and info. In fact, he corrected several misconceptions, some of which were presented here or in the AAJ thread. However, I can't maintain my "exclusive" by sharing all the details immediately. :)

I did answer one question though, in this thread:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...=0entry118845

Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions, and I will keep you all apprised of what happens when I try to get this published.