New additions to Hiroshi Tanno's CD stocklist

J.A.W.

Hiroshi Tanno has added several OOP jazz CDs to his CD stocklist, some of them quite rare, and I understand he will be adding several more in the coming weeks. All prices are in Japanese yen.

Hiroshi takes PayPal and he can be reached via e-mail. His customer service is excellent and his shipping rates are very reasonable. Tuesday is his weekly day off :)

Edited by J.A.W.

That's a lot of Jimmy Smith...

Only 10 -- there are over 50 from Miles Davis. (And 2 -- TWO! -- from Ellington).

That's really too much Miles.

Why is the number of CDs relevant? It's a stocklist of CDs Hiroshi is selling, not a list of his preferences.

Anyone know what the yen/dollar exchange rate is? No idea what these would actually cost me! How much is his shipping to the USA? Thanks for the help!

1000 yen = about $10.75 / €7.53 / £6.64 at today's exchange rates. PayPal's rates may differ a bit.

exchange rates

As for Hiroshi's shipping rates, you'd better ask him (today's his day off :)). They're much lower than what Amazon Japan and HMV Japan charge.

Edited by J.A.W.

Anyone know what the yen/dollar exchange rate is? No idea what these would actually cost me! How much is his shipping to the USA? Thanks for the help!

1000 yen = about $10.75 / €7.53 / £6.64 at today's exchange rates. PayPal's rates may differ a bit.

exchange rates

As for Hiroshi's shipping rates, you'd better ask him (today's his day off :)). They're much lower than what Amazon Japan and HMV Japan charge.

Thanks Hans!

Only 10 -- there are over 50 from Miles Davis. (And 2 -- TWO! -- from Ellington).

Why is the number of CDs relevant? It's a stocklist of CDs Hiroshi is selling, not a list of his preferences.

I don't have a smiley for resigned head-shaking.

It's not a reflection on Hiroshi, but in a way, a reflection on the market: lots of demand for Miles, so little for Duke (and many others). All things considered, for me, I'd rather have the complete Ellington than the complete Miles, which seems to nearly be available on this list.

People do get twitchy around here, don't they? :):w:o:lol::rolleyes:

I don't have a smiley for resigned head-shaking.

It's not a reflection on Hiroshi, but in a way, a reflection on the market: lots of demand for Miles, so little for Duke (and many others). All things considered, for me, I'd rather have the complete Ellington than the complete Miles, which seems to nearly be available on this list.

People do get twitchy around here, don't they? :):w:o:lol::rolleyes:

I guess Hiroshi's stocklist reflects what's popular in Japan, at least with jazz fans.

And yes, I do get twitchy around here sometimes - I posted a heads up and one of the few reactions is a cranky comment on the CDs that are on the list. It's been the nature of this board the last few years...

Haven't similar threads about Mr. Tanno's sales list always appeared in the Reissues forum? I'm not complaining, mind you. I'm just curious about the reason for the move.

The threads you are referring to were not about sale lists, they listed upcoming Japanese releases and reissues, that's why they were posted in the "Reissues" forum. This thread is about his stocklist with many older and OOP CDs, that's why I posted it in the "Offering and Looking For" forum.

Edited by J.A.W.

• 2 weeks later...