A DEEP OLIVE BRANCH TO CHRISTIERN

Guest DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

Some of the best, most interesting conversations are composed of knitpicking, or, as we say in Canada, nitpicking. :D

Someone once said to me that conflict is kind of a holdover from caveman days when it was a case of survival of the fittest. Perhaps that's what it's all about.

Now I suppose that it provides interest and excitement in otherwise mundane, routine lives.

I like to argue about ideas and concepts and find that stimulating.

However, the one fight in which I was inadvertantly involved, at fourteen, resulted in my being sat on by a big-ass schoolmate, being pounded. All I could think of was that I hoped she would get tired, before she killed me. :rolleyes::blink:

Edited by patricia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I suppose that it provides interest and excitement in otherwise mundane, routine lives.

Yeah, those are the people that cruise bars for fights.

I, however, thrive on the mundane and routine, so I'm in no danger of succumbing to bored violent outbursts! :lol:

Yeah, those are the people that cruise bars for fights.

I, however, thrive on the mundane and routine, so I'm in no danger of succumbing to bored violent outbursts! :lol:

I guess that we all like to hope that, when the occasion presents itself, we can somehow take the high road.

Of course, that's not always possible, but, we can try.

It's almost impossible to change someone else's mind about anything they have cast in their mind in stone. As the blood soaks into the cyber-cobblestones, what does it actually accomplish, if anything??

Yeah. Barfights are a kind of sport for some people, much like vandalism is for others. I don't try to understand it.

Excitement for me is meeting new people and experiencing new things, not pissing people off for no reason. Sometimes I think I'm out of the loop, living in some parallel universe.

It's a double edged sword really. It takes two to tango as the saying goes. In that spirit, I think I should take my leave of this thread as I've probably already contributed too much to it as it is. Thanks for the conversation Patricia! :)

Your Friendly Neighborhood Jazz

Excitement for me is meeting new people and experiencing new things, not pissing people off for no reason.  Sometimes I think I'm out of the loop, living in some parallel universe.

:tup

You're not alone.

That's good. I was worried. :excited::D

Evan,

It is good, [in The Christmas Mood] isn't it?? There is a Mr Jekyll in there. :D

It's a double edged sword really. It takes two to tango as the saying goes. In that spirit, I think I should take my leave of this thread as I've probably already contributed too much to it as it is. Thanks for the conversation Patricia!  :)

Your Friendly Neighborhood Jazz

You bet. Following your lead and ankling on out as well. :D

Edited by patricia

Well Mr. DEEP, it looks like you've got some of my money. :P

It turns out i have a copy of the laserlight "In the Christmas Mood".

For any interested, my wife and I enjoy this cd and I can easily recommend it.

B)

Evan,

Make my Christmas (and yours)..pick up:

"IN THE CHRISTMAS MOOD II"

and

"IN THE NUTCRACKER MOOD"

In fact they make nice Christmas presents so buy'em by the gross.

Patricia,

I never thought I'd say this to a woman but....YOU MIGHT WANNA GIVE YOUR FINGERS A REST. :blink:

DEEP

Edited by DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

I killed the warning system since it doesn't work. Now we're back to one simple over-riding rule: You piss me or my brother off, you're gone. Don't like it? Tough.

CLASP !!

BTW: It's December 7th so beware of that Bebop Kamakaze Pilot who takes a pass at PEARL BAILY'S grave every year on this date.

DEEP

MESSAGE TO NESSA:

NESTER NESPOT,

I have in my possession (and only I have it) a tape that I've had professionally mastered to CD of DIZZY GILLESPIE with WOODY HERMAN'S BAND back in 1975 when I was on the band. It was done at the Chateau de Ville in Saugus, Mass.

Woody had been in a car accident and we were carrying on without him but had several guest artists with the band. Diz was our guest at this gig.

My question: Do you think that the Uptown Retrospective series would be interested in it? I included one track from a live date in NYC at the short lived club called Storyville that was run by Wein and Woody is on that track.

Joe Lovano was in the band at the time too. It's pretty rompin' but I'm sure that the Herman and Gillespie Estates would have to be involved and that could complicate things

Advance CLASP!!

Since I'm forced to seek refuge exclusively in this thread would some kind member please bring this post to NESTER'S attention.

DEEP

Deep, there is a possibility of "Uptown interest". I believe they have a "blanket agreement" with Lorraine Gillespie and they have dealt with the Herman estate in the past. I will pass the info on and see what happens.

INTENSE CLASP !!

DEEP

Patricia,

I never thought I'd say this to a woman but....YOU MIGHT WANNA GIVE YOUR FINGERS A REST. :blink:

DEEP

I never thought I'd ever say this to a man but,.......YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND.:blink: :blink:

Now there's a HUMBLE HAND MAIDEN!!

Don't say you heard it here (or from me) but:

Woman are to be OBSCENE and NOT HEARD.

Patty,

For your welcomed subservience please allow me to extend to you a kiss (and there is some tongue in it).

DEEP

Patricia,

DEEP

I never thought I'd ever say this to a man but,.......YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND.:blink: :blink:

Now there's a HUMBLE HAND MAIDEN!!

Don't say you heard it here (or from me) but:

Woman are to be OBSCENE and NOT HEARD.

Patty,

For your welcomed subservience please allow me to extend to you a kiss (and there is some tongue in it).

DEEP

Received and appreciated. :blink:

I must say that now the warning system is dead I feel like

I received the Organissimo CROIX de GUERRE

Main Entry: Croix de Guerre

Pronunciation: "krwä-di-'ger

Function: noun

Etymology: French, literally, war cross

Date: 1915

: a French military decoration awarded for gallant action in war

from General Foch (B-3er).

I can only speculate on the exhileration experienced by the other proud recipient of this distinguished honor.

DEEP (Proud recipient of the Org Croix de Guerre)

There is something funny about the post above mine. :w

Catesta(pated),

What's funny about it is that most of the recipients of the Croix de Guerre were Americans (I mean really....a Frenchman recieving an award for gallantry in wartime..GET REAL!!).

I actually knew a recipient of this award. He tended bar in my father's saloon.

DEEP

Remarkable and unusual that the Croix de Guerre would be awarded to an Italian, once removed, but I know that I wear my Krigskorset, with pride. :D

It is true that the Croix de Guerre was awarded to many more Americans, but there was a joke about the WW11 Italian army tanks, involving their burned out reverse gears. Military people joke like that, apparantly. ;)

Edited by patricia

..... but I know that I wear my Krigskorset, with pride. :D

I don't know what the hell that is but I *AM* AROUSED!!Any chance of you posting a photo of you attired in it??

DEEP

..... but I know that I wear my Krigskorset, with pride. :D

I don't know what the hell that is but I *AM* AROUSED!!Any chance of you posting a photo of you attired in it??

DEEP

Just the Krigskorset itself, with my usual toque and athletic socks???

It's the War Cross [with sword], awarded, in Norway, to civilians and military people who have distinguished themselves by exhibiting personal bravery in service. It was instituted in 1941, by King Haakon V11 and equivilant to the Knights Of The British Empire.

Looks great on a black dress, which is how I display mine, usually. :D:blink:

Edited by patricia