A DEEP OLIVE BRANCH TO CHRISTIERN

Guest DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, Happy Birthday dues62!  :tup

You post like a much younger man.  ;)

I have decided to be 99 every day from today onwards.

Off to hoovering again (Miles Davis recorded some great hoovering music, btw).

Cheers!

hoovering....meaning you are using a vacuum, right? :unsure:

Let me put it this way:

We're a FOUR piano family. I even have one in our carriage house so if I'm on the way to a recording session and come up with a last minute idea I don't have to go back in the house to use my Yamaha C-7 Conservatory Grand.

I have a 1929 Model A Ford that is the first car I ever owned (which is one of four). Just did an off the frame restoration and am winning prizes at all antique meets I attend.

Here's where the digit enters:

On my wall in my WET BAR hangs a plaque. It's for the sale of 1,000,000 units for a record I did with the Glenn Miller Orch.

The title of that CD is "IN THE CHRISTMAS MOOD".

We did a second one entitled "IN THE CHRISTMAS MOOD II".

We did a third one entitled "IN THE NUTCRACKER MOOD".

All three were a co-operative effort.

To date the three have amassed sales exceeding 4,000,000.

BTW: Pick them up if you see them. They're swingin' and are also good Christmas Music. One tune was used in the movie "While we were sleeping" starring Sandra Bullock.

I get checks from Disney productions for that.

Jazz doesn't sell shit but we're in the second pressing of the first Big Band Bloviation and Vol. Two is on the way.

I've never worked a day in my life. I'd go as far as to say A DAY'S WORK WOULDN'T KILL ME BUT IT SURE AS SHIT WOULD PUT ME IN THE HOSPITAL!!

I was in the Army Band program 1965-1968 but I have to consider that as TRAINING rather than work.

Get those Miller Christmas CDs on Laserlight. My coffers could use a BUMP (and I need a BUMP too...DIG?).

I didn't get my digit by writing a book about a dead foul mouthed Blues Singer. I got it the old fashioned way...by GETTING DRUNK AND LETTING THE TAPES ROLL

Anybody seen the governor?

DEEP

Was Glenn Miller like Jimmy Stewart?

Is your Model A Black? Does you Model A have hydraulics? Why did T come before A?

Do you have a hand in Laserlight's swell graphics?

Is Sandy as nice as people say? Why doesn't Catesta like her?

Edited by BERIGAN

Let me put it this way:

We're a FOUR piano family. I even have one in our carriage house so if I'm on the way to a recording session and come up with a last minute idea I don't have to go back in the house to use my Yamaha C-7 Conservatory Grand.

I have a 1929 Model A Ford that is the first car I ever owned (which is one of four). Just did an off the frame restoration and am winning prizes at all antique meets I attend.

Here's where the digit enters:

On my wall in my WET BAR hangs a plaque. It's for the sale of 1,000,000 units for a record I did with the Glenn Miller Orch.

The title of that CD is "IN THE CHRISTMAS MOOD".

We did a second one entitled "IN THE CHRISTMAS MOOD II".

We did a third one entitled "IN THE NUTCRACKER MOOD".

All three were a co-operative effort.

To date the three have amassed sales exceeding 4,000,000.

BTW: Pick them up if you see them. They're swingin' and are also good Christmas Music. One tune was used in the movie "While we were sleeping" starring Sandra Bullock.

I get checks from Disney productions for that.

Jazz doesn't sell shit but we're in the second pressing of the first Big Band Bloviation and Vol. Two is on the way.

I've never worked a day in my life. I'd go as far as to say A DAY'S WORK WOULDN'T KILL ME BUT IT SURE AS SHIT WOULD PUT ME IN THE HOSPITAL!!

I was in the Army Band program 1965-1968 but I have to consider that as TRAINING rather than work.

Get those Miller Christmas CDs on Laserlight. My coffers could use a BUMP (and I need a BUMP too...DIG?).

I didn't get my digit by writing a book about a dead foul mouthed Blues Singer. I got it the old fashioned way...by GETTING DRUNK AND LETTING THE TAPES ROLL

Anybody seen the governor?

DEEP

Was Glenn Miller like Jimmy Stewart?

Is your Model A Black? Does you Model A have hydraulics? Why did T come before A?

Do you have a hand in Laserlight's swell graphics?

BARE AGAIN,

I never knew Glenn Miller. He died before I was born.

Some people say Miller should have lived and his music should have died.

I contest that the plane should have gone down and Miller AND the music should have gone down with it.

The Miller estate approved the recordings which were done by a Miller Alumni Band. I was with the ghost band back in the early seventies when it was under the direction of Buddy DeFranco.

My Model A has black fenders. The body is niagara blue and the reveals are andalucite blue. In the early 1900's Henry produced a Model A which preceded the T. He returned to the A in 1928 thru 1931. My A is completely original and has mechanical brakes.

It was the Model T's that were only black.

Don't know Sandy and have no idea why Contesta(pated) dislikes her.

I had nothing to do with the graphics on the Laserlight Issues.

Actually the "In The Christmas Mood" was originally issued on Mobile Fidelity as "THE STARLIGHT ORCHESTRA". After that lease expired we did a second session and they came out on Laserlight as by THE GLENN MILLER ORCH.

DEEP

Edited by DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

Say Danny, did you ever talk to Mel (or anybody else who was on it) about that Goodman Russia tour? The record is good, but there's times when the tension is hard to miss. Any anecdotes would be appreciated.

BTW, is "Danny" all right, or do you prefer "DEEP" in cyberspace?

The tension started long before the band embarked on the tour. I was working for Benny at the time (as his autograph signer--honest!) and I used to feel so sorry for his band manager (I think that's what he was, his name was Jay) who used to come to the office and bury his head in his hands. I recall one time when he asked me, "How do you tell Coleman Hawkins that you can't use him?"

It would be interesting to hear from someone who was present at the "auditions" and/or rehearsals.

I was working for Benny at the time (as his autograph signer--honest!)

I'd say that you were a little overqualified for that job, Chris. :g

Thank you, John. Actually, I was supposed to be a press contact, but on my first day there, Benny handed me a cheque for $100,000.00 made out to the IRS. "See if you can learn my signature," he said, "then put the cheque in the mail."

I spent the next month or two signing 8 x 10 glossies and letters (which I also wrote) to fans and the likes of Richard Rodgers. Signed a couple of albums, too, but Benny was stingy with those. :g

Say Danny, did you ever talk to Mel (or anybody else who was on it) about that Goodman Russia tour? The record is good, but there's times when the tension is hard to miss. Any anecdotes would be appreciated.

BTW, is "Danny" all right, or do you prefer "DEEP" in cyberspace?

ANGRY,

Don't know a lot about it but John Bunch told me that it was a miracle that that record came out as well as it did. I guess they "FRANKENSTEINED" the tunes from several different concerts to get acceptable versions.

I do know that during that period of time Benjie had heard Sal Nistico with Woody Herman's Band and was duly impressed. He told Woody, (and this is a paraphrase),

"Why are you giving him so much solo space, it's your band, you should be the star".

Woody relayed that to Sal. Then Benjie had the balls to call Sal for the tour. Sal declined.

Of course Mel was heckling Benjie from the drums and you can tell with Benjie's introduction of the players, "On drums...uuuuhhh (pause) ....Mel Lewis".

BTW: What the hell is CHRISTIERN doing on this thread?? He won't reply to my offer yet he posts on an infected thread.."IT'S DEEP...PLAGUE, RACISM, HOMOPHOBIC.....BURN THE BOOKS....BAN HIM!!!"

DEEP

Yeah, the audible power struggle going on during "Titter Pipes" is a trip. I'm surprised that Benny let that one get out.

JIMMY MAXWELL WAS ON THAT TRIP TOO. I went to Europe with Maxwell with a Louis Armstrong Tribute Band. (Peanuts, Trummy, Dick Cary, Lesberg). I know Maxwell related several incidents to me but he was such a raging alcoholic they were hard to comprehend. I know he spoke fluent Russian and wanted to see the real Russia, and requested things that were not OK'd (Like seeing the factories and work places of the prolitariat).

I hope CHRISTIERN jumps thread soon. He's gonna get me FIRED.

Hey CHRISTIERN,

WHY DO YOU DEEM IT NECESSARY TO CHASE ME AROUND THE NET??...BECAUSE YOU KNOW THE REAL SHIT FOLLOWS IN MY WAKE?? (of course you do)

DEEP

Maxwell's parents were Russian immigrants, right? Seems like I've heard that somewhere.

I have a hard time imagining Sal Nistico w/Benny. Too much overt burn. Zoot fit REAL nice though. That "On The Alamo" solo is SWEET.

Wonder why RCA's never reissued the album. Maybe they no longer own the rights?

Dude, Sandy?

I don't remember, who is/was she?

CATESTA(PATED),

Is the Dildie talkin' about Bullock?

Is Bullock's name Sandra or Cynthia??

That shows how interested I was in the movie.

DEEP

Maxwell's parents were Russian immigrants, right? Seems like I've heard that somewhere.

I have a hard time imagining Sal Nistico w/Benny. Too much overt burn. Zoot fit REAL nice though. That "On The Alamo" solo is SWEET.

Wonder why RCA's never reissued the album. Maybe they no longer own the rights?

ANGRY,

Is that Avatar YOU??

Christ, I'd hate to meet you in a dark alley.

I prefer to be called DEEP over here because it appears there is some kind of war going on at AAJ and they keep referring to a DAN who got obstreperous over a GregM.

I think it must be Dan Ghoul but I don't wanna get in the middle of that mess and it appears people have that confused,

DEEP IS REVILED...LET'S KEEP IT EXCLUSIVE TO DEEP...DIG??

DEEP

Edited by DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

CATESTA,

Is the Dildie talkin' about Bullock?

Is Bullock's name Sandra or Cynthia??

That shows how interested I was in the movie.

DEEP

DEEP(pockets)

It is Sandra, but that ain't who he's talking about.

I think it may have been a former troll here or at the BNBB.

Contestat(pated),

The Dild is obtuse but I know he was testing my knowledge of Model A Fords and that is a place where he should not tread.

If he needs answers on that he can head to MAFCA (Model A Ford Club Of America)....how jive is it to sound me about my car having "HYDRAULICS"??

That, in and unto itself, violates the "GOADING RULE OF '03".

DEEP

Catesta,

The Dild is obtuse but I know he was testing my knowledge of Model A Fords and that is a place where he should not tread.

If he needs answers on that he can head to MAFCA (Model A Ford Club Of America)....how jive is it to sound me about my car having "HYDRAULICS"??

That, in and unto itself, violates the "GOADING RULE OF '03".

DEEP

DEEP(merda),

It's a reasonable question, as dude is a car buff.

You yourself could be in violation of the organissimo by-laws, article 28, section 3, paragraph 9, line 14.

"Organissimo members shall not be allowed to use the word obtuse more than two times in any thread and or forum without authorization from the organissimo governing body. This applies even if the word is used in response to another members question regarding hydraulics on vintage automobiles unless the topic of low riders is being discussed, in that case it may be used as many times as necessary."

It's a reasonable question, as dude is a car buff.

Catesta(pated),

In that case he's definitley in violation of the "GOADING RULE OF '03"

I mean really, "WHAT COLOR IS MY MODEL *A*" ???

The Dild has to know that Henry exluded the color black to T's...DUH!!

Car buff??...OK...GOADER??....DEFINITELY!!

B-3er, Blow him out.

DEEP