Bob Harrington Quartette- Jazz a la carte (Crown CLP 5388)

picked this up in the .50c bin, saying its the only existing copy in the universe might be a stetch, but ive absoutely never seen it before personally, thats for sure---

Bob Harrington Quartette-

bobs on piano,

w. jim wyble (guitar), red wooten (b), and two drummers are listen" john markham and lloyd morales

does anyone know anything about these people or this lp! the cover is designed to look like one of those period pacific jazz artsy painting covers......

equally perplexing is this link to the mp3 page of this album, the fact that it is reissued is almost stranger than the lp itself....on this link you can also see the strange song titles ....

http://music.napster.com/the-bob-harrington-quartet-music/album/jazz-a-la-carte/12206322#

Entry from Bruyninckx:

Piano, vibes, drums. Born in Marshfield, Wisconsin, January 30, 1912. First studied bass but soon switched to piano. Joined Charlie Barnet from 51-54 just before and in between also with Vido Musso 49-52, Georgie Auld 55-56 and Buddy DeFranco 56 all as pianist. Played also drums with Red Nichols and Bud Freeman 54-55. Joined Maynard Ferguson 56-57 and with Ann Richards as pianist, arranger from 56 to 59.

-Vibraphone fantasy in jazz with Bob Harrington- : Bob Harrington Quartet : Bob Harrington (vib) Jimmy Wyble (g) Bob Carter (b) Lloyd Morales (d) prob. Los Angeles, c. 1958

Mountain dew Imperial LP9031

Ticklish situation -

Patio pavanne -

I've never been in love before -

Let's have some ribs -

Gone nuclear fishin' -

How long has this been going on -

Three-fourths -

Little circumferance -

Indecision -

-Jazz a la carte- : Bob Harrington Quartette : Bob Harrington (p) Jim Wyble (g) Red Wooten (b) John Markham or Lloyd Morales (d) c. 1960's

Wally ballew Crown CST388

Hulla ballew -

Little boy ballew -

Ben ballew -

Emma ballew -

Bob ballew -

V.S. ballew -

Baby ballew -

He obviously was a Bob and Ray fan.

In the '70s, the national sales manager for Crown was a guy named Bob Harrington. Wonder if it is just a coincidence.

chuck thats interesting i wonder if its the same person-- probably, right-- well thanks all you guys hope you found it interesting didnt mean to cause trouble, oh yea i looked up the guitarist, a bio said he was with bob willis & the texas playboys, before going on to a studio carreer...hmmm....

the vinyl on this seems to ---look--- good (well see just how it really is when i play it)-- its very thick and heavy vinyl, akin dare i say to a lexington ave blue note, lol---

the real amazing thing is always finding a crown record you never knew existed. the discography only tells part of the story, but when you actually find one of these weird records, its really something. i found one the other day to, of popular movie themes done by a string orchestra-- the thing about crown records ive found out is you rarely see the same one twice. every time its a different album. i havent bought every single one ive seen, maybe i should of-- i am going to make a music documentary movie about crown!!

oh and lets not forget about DISCOS CORONA, lol