Anyone see the 2 part story on 60 minute about folks

BERIGAN

Very interesting! I don't have anything close to it, but what's funny is I do remember Marilu Henner (One of 6 people known to have this ability) being on the old Later with Bob Costas show...and he had heard she could remember any day in her past , and what day of the week it was, so he said what day of the week was it, and was she doing on the day we landed on the moon....she laughed and asked who put him up to it, since that was the night she lost her virginity! :excited: When I saw the story, I figured she was doing some sort of trick, and it was just a gag for her to use on talk shows....apparently not.

Anyway, there surely have to be more people than these 6(only 5 appear in the show) weird that research into this ability is so new....

part one of 60 minutes story

If you don't have time to watch it, then read the text...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/12/16/60minutes/main7156877.shtml?tag=currentVideoInfo;segmentTitle

Edited by BERIGAN

60 Minutes? What day is that on?

heh, one of the guys knew the day it went on the air, and the date it switched to Sunday(in 1973 I think)...I always thought it was on Sundays...shows what I know..and don't know

how long is that show?

It depends if you watch all of it or not...

Edited by BERIGAN

I thought it was fascinating.....I believe every experience in your life is stored in your mind yet you don't have a way to retrieve it.....recently I smelled a specific perfume in a department store and I recalled a girlfriend from 20+ years ago and these waves of memories about her came flooding back- something I haven't thought of in a LONG time......but don't tell my wife!!

I thought it was fascinating.....I believe every experience in your life is stored in your mind yet you don't have a way to retrieve it.....recently I smelled a specific perfume in a department store and I recalled a girlfriend from 20+ years ago and these waves of memories about her came flooding back- something I haven't thought of in a LONG time......but don't tell my wife!!

Sounds like a Proustian madeleine moment.

I recall reading this in the past- but didn't remember what it was, and the closest I could come to this was the scene in "Ratatouie" when the Chef/Rat served the dish to the food critic- and one bite caused his childhood memories come flooding back with his Mom serving the dish.....

I recall reading this in the past- but didn't remember what it was, and the closest I could come to this was the scene in "Ratatouie" when the Chef/Rat served the dish to the food critic- and one bite caused his childhood memories come flooding back with his Mom serving the dish.....

Funny, I have had a similar, if less interesting flashback via smells...of all thing some Medicated powder called Ammens, and every time I used it, It immediately took me back to a smell inside my Elementary school! Have no idea what that smell was(it was K thru 6th, so no babies or preschoolers inside) and of course never really gave any thought to the smell inside the school, and hadn't thought of it in 30 years...

• 1 year later...