Santana and Cindy Blackman tie the knot

brownie

"Rain represents mercy," adds Blackman, 51. "It couldn't have been more beautiful."

In fact, the couple fully embraced the weather: "My favorite part of the ceremony was when we washed our hands in a bowl of rainwater," says Blackman, adding that the gesture was suggested by Santana's son (from his first marriage), Salvador.

"We absolved ourselves of all things past and all things future except the two of us. It felt so clearing to do that," she says.

Hey, I dig both of these folks well enough (and recommend Cindy's old Muse sides to those who might have overlooked them at the time...very Miles/

Tony derivative, sometimes disturbingly/annoyningly so, but with a quite real ravenous energy nevertheless), but speaking as somebody who's been married for 27 years and is more in love with his wife now more than ever, may I humbly suggest that they keep some of that rainwater handy for the first time one of them stinks up the bathroom beyond redemption, or vomits all over the carpet, or some shit like that. Because that's when you both really need some mercy and so me clearing.