ebay madness re: vinyl

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$4,500 for this Mobley :o

Pretty sure that Hank Mobley never made that kind of money when he was playing!

Looks to be in incredible condition.

Lots of these 500 pressings have been coming out of the woodwork of late. We must be up to 499 already. :huh:

What makes that auction sad is that the record is a CLASSIC RECORDS mono reissue. In the original listing you could see the bottom of the back cover and the OBVIOUS small type at the bottom of the jacket that states the music was owned by Capitol, blah blah blah. I emailed the seller and told him he was sellling a record that could be had BRAND NEW for $30 and he CHANGED the picture and cropped the bottom of the jacket!! He also addes the BS "email from a collector" a the same time.

I emailed ebay and warned them that this was a scam, but nothing happened.

What a SCUMBAG!!

What makes that auction sad is that the record is a CLASSIC RECORDS mono reissue. In the original listing you could see the bottom of the back cover and the OBVIOUS small type at the bottom of the jacket that states the music was owned by Capitol, blah blah blah. I emailed the seller and told him he was sellling a record that could be had BRAND NEW for $30 and he CHANGED the picture and cropped the bottom of the jacket!! He also addes the BS "email from a collector" a the same time.

What a SCUMBAG!!

I'm afraid you're right, Allan!

The album looked too good to be a real one!

I'm glad I can't afford to pay that much for one album :(

Hope the buyer will take action!

What a SCUMBAG!!

The best way to know of what pressing are we talking about, should be look for 'RVG' in the dead wax, but the seller obviously didn't mention it, I bet it has a 'BG'. And what pompous instructions about payment. Really a SCUMBAG!! :bad:

BTW At Classic they should start to print something on the label inorder to prevent this kind of scam. It's not good publicity for them either. I think I'll mail it to Classic, just in case.

Just done it! :g

Edited by porcy62

Test pressing of Back to the Tracks on eBay!

Wonder who is that seller from Stamford, Conn.!

The seller also auctions a couple of other BN test pressings.

Those are Leonard Feather's advance copies. I can only imagine what this one will sell for--an advance pressing of something never released? At least a grand, I would think--perhaps much more?

Those are Leonard Feather's advance copies. I can only imagine what this one will sell for--an advance pressing of something never released? At least a grand, I would think--perhaps much more?

who is selling them?

What about it?

I know Ron's records are perfect but...still 8 days to go

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

I bought a few records from Ron and was underwhelmed by his grading. returned one and got an adjustment on the other.

I bought a lot of records from him, and he's the best seller out there, I was suprised about this particular title.

I won't buy via ebay from Ron--too expensive. But I have bought MANY from his lists over the years and never once felt I got less than advertised. Hell, for my birthday once Ron threw in for FREE a VG Mank Mobley 10"!! Of course, that was YEARS ago . . .

Me too, I never got a free Mobley, but I was always treated in gorgeous way by him. A rare competent an honest seller, in one word a really nice guy.

Edited by porcy62

Lots of these 500 pressings have been coming out of the woodwork of late. We must be up to 499 already. :huh:

What a SCUMBAG!!

Just looked into that

Out ragious

made 4.470k on a record by defrauding the public...I hope the buyer gets a chance to return it

Should we mail em to help them with what to do or what?

What a SCUMBAG!!

Just looked into that

Out ragious

made 4.470k on a record by defrauding the public...I hope the buyer gets a chance to return it

I mailed it to Classic Record, because I thought it's harmful for their reputation too. They answered that they tried to contact the buyer through previous sellers, (you can't contact the buyer directly). I hope for him that all this will have a happy end, for free.

Anyway, another serious contender for the eBay Hall of Shame, after Diego.

Edited by porcy62

What a SCUMBAG!!

Just looked into that

Out ragious

In the past i've tried many times to warn high bidders on a dubious or obvious scam. Especially Japanese buyers. They never respond. Only one time, i sent many mails warning a guy that he was bidding 400 on a

Stereo ( :lol: ) True Blue, of course a scam. Eventually, he won it he send me a mail explaining that "he did not know". For this Mobley, i had doubts, but was in South East Asia for a trip, so forgot about it. Now i'm back, and see the confirmation of the scam... You can see anyway that THOSE "classic" deep groove do not look 100 % accurate...

What a SCUMBAG!!

Just looked into that

Out ragious

In the past i've tried many times to warn high bidders on a dubious or obvious scam. Especially Japanese buyers. They never respond. Only one time, i sent many mails warning a guy that he was bidding 400 on a

Stereo ( :lol: ) True Blue, of course a scam. Eventually, he won it he send me a mail explaining that "he did not know". For this Mobley, i had doubts, but was in South East Asia for a trip, so forgot about it. Now i'm back, and see the confirmation of the scam... You can see anyway that THOSE "classic" deep groove do not look 100 % accurate...

did classic records make lps with two different labels on the same record?

$3,383 was the winning bid :blink: