2011 MLB Season

This article, Mets Abused Feliciano, shows what an imbecile Cashman is. Ever heard of caveat emptor Brian :rolleyes:

The Yanks knew full well what they were getting. That's why they signed him for what, in their world, amounts to peanuts. Mark my words, if Cashman had chosen his more wisely and substituted "misused" for "abused", this wouldn't even have been a story. "Abused" is one of those trigger words in today's society that causes people to sit up and take notice. This isn't anything more or less than the long standing tradition of firing a shot across the bow of a crosstown rival. A tempest in a teapot.

Edited by Dave James

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article, Mets Abused Feliciano, shows what an imbecile Cashman is. Ever heard of caveat emptor Brian :rolleyes:

Well, I saw on baseball tonight, Feliciano was in 44 more games the past 4 seasons, than any other pitcher...he was abused, but Cashman should have known better...

Rangers fans, Matt Harrison, yet another gift from the Braves! You are quite welcome! :P

Wow, both Phil Hughes and Bartolo Colon got clocked in the snot locker today. Not good.

I didn't take away a great feeling about A.J.'s performance yesterday either, but it's very, very early (some folks at PA expressing concern about Phil Hughes' velocity, though). The offense sure is looking great! Tex appears to have finally overcome his April doldrums. But yeah, that starting rotation...oy vey. We'll see how things shake out.

Rangers fans, Matt Harrison, yet another gift from the Braves! You are quite welcome! :P

The word I keep hearing about him is "improved". God, I hope so...he really showed some character to finish the 7th today, it was like Wash left him in to say ok, guy, are you who you want to be or not, show me now, and, yeah, he was. Wash & Zappa gave each other a serious fist bump when that third out came, as much relief as affirmation. But it's stuff like that that builds confidence & character in a player, makes him want to play for the team, builds (here's that word again...) character. Works for me.

Fun series, looking like it might be another fun team this year, we'll see. It's early, to put it mildly...

It is obvious that the Rangers will not have any credibility for awhile - despite their having taken the AL pennant. Decades of failure and frustration are not so easily forgotten.

But a 3/0 start is a nice place to begin. Time alone will tell what sort of character and depth this pitching staff will display. WIll Lee be that missed? We'll see!

Wherever the chips fall, I do like Wash. This guy is the real deal.

I'll have to take you to a game one time, Jon. The Duke's Dodger Hater Weizenbock Beer is on me, OK? ^_^

If you're buying, I'm drinking. :lol:

We don't brew any haterade for the Giants down here. We just send cholos to hospitalize them. Kidding, in bad taste. :(

I'll have to take you to a game one time, Jon. The Duke's Dodger Hater Weizenbock Beer is on me, OK? ^_^

We don't brew any haterade for the Giants down here. We just send cholos to hospitalize them. Kidding, in bad taste. :(

No problem, Jon.

They shot a Giants fan a couple years ago. At least this one is still alive.

As to tonight's game-Three words: Barry Fucking Zito.

The only saving grace for Mr. Goferball is the season's still young. Grrrr :angry:

Edited by GoodSpeak

No problem, Jon.

The only saving grace for Mr. Goferball is the season's still young. Grrrr :angry:

Barry Fucking Zito??? I was expecting to see 7 runs in 4 innings or something... 6 innings 3 runs. Not too bad for your 5th starter...an expensive 5th starter, but still! ;)

No problem, Jon.

Barry Fucking Zito??? I was expecting to see 7 runs in 4 innings or something... 6 innings 3 runs. Not too bad for your 5th starter...an expensive 5th starter, but still! ;)

It was 3 runs before the National Anthem even stopped echoing in the stadium.

Hey Dan. Red Sox and Rays are running neck and neck out of the gate! :wacko:

With Longoria on the DL, things ain't looking too good. I'm anticipating a first-to-worst year.

Its the only thing that's keeping me from seeking out the nearest bridge to fling myself from - if you believe the Rays will end of the third best non-division winner, then getting off to the same pathetic start keeps me on a somewhat even keel.

But Jesus Christ the way they are playing, the Indians will do their best "'1927 Yankees" imitation starting Tuesday and by the time the Yankees leave Fenway Sunday night they'll be six games off the pace.

And then you will see people lined up at bridges all over New England.

Watch the highlight shows for Jack Wilson's 4-3 DP against the Rangers this evening...pretty damn skillful.

In a season of low expectations for Seattle I'm very happy with them scoring 4 runs in 3 of the 4 games this year. Last year's offense was one of the worst in baseball history. Also thrilled that Smoak...does indeed. :)

Last night was the first time I've been able to watch a game, and I was very underwhelmed by the new ESPN baseball crew -- snoozeville.

On Sunday, I was, too.

And they dumped Jon Miller...for that? :blink:

Edited by GoodSpeak

Wow. Raphael Soriano had as bad a line tonight against the Twins as I can remember seeing. 2/3'rds of an inning, 1 hit, 4 runs, 4 earned runs and three walks. I'm not sure it can get much worse than that. He'd better be better than that in the long run. RIght now, he's clocking an ERA over 13.00.

Edited by Dave James

I'm really glad that Julio Bourbon didn't die after all...Rangers play 8 innings of groovy ball tonight, but a bunch of seeing eye puffball singles off of three different relief pitchers take it from 3-0 to 3-2 in the7th, bases loaded, 2 out, and there goes a fly to center, one of those that just that "it's gonna drop, dammit" looks all over it, but my friend, my GOOD friend Julio Boubon dives for that motherfucker and snares it in the webbing as he rides the waterless Slip 'N Slide of the outfield. DArren Oliver throws like a 8-9 pitch 8th, Nefti comes in for the close, and hey, we're 5-0 to start, the kid threw a GREAT first start, and aside from the 7th, we held the reigns, even if they were trotting instead of galloping. Is this going to last all season?

If any of y'all see my old buddy Julio Bourbon, tell him Mr. Jim will buy him a drink next time I'm in town, ok?

The kid the Mariners pitched tonight in Texas, Mike Pineda, is supposably the next Felix Hernandez. Not a bad outing considering it was his first big league start.

First big league starts for both starters tonight, and indeed, both pitched well.

The kid the Mariners pitched tonight in Texas, Mike Pineda, is supposably the next Felix Hernandez. Not a bad outing considering it was his first big league start.

Yeah, a "win" as far as progress goes, especially against the Rangers in that ballpark. One fine debut! Along with Smoak this kid's progress are 2 of the building blocks for oh...I guess 2013. :) I'm taking fish oil, exercising and such so I can live to see winning baseball in Seattle again. :lol: In the meantime, at least let's be better than last season and that may be happening.

In the meantime I think I'm going to jump on the April Royal bandwagon. Does simply moving Gordon from 3b to LF suddenly make all of that projected star prospect greatness finally burst out? Wow, he's off to a great start.

And hey Aggie, you're tied w/ the Red Sox thru 4 games. Bet you didn't imagine that! (Sorry to a few folks, couldn't resist.)