2011 MLB Season

I hope the Rays are not responsible for his contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6310125

Doesn't look like it...

He earned over $200MM in his career, according to Baseball-Reference, but won't earn the bulk of his agreed upon 2011 salary.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/04/manny-ramirez-retires.html

I can almost, almost feel sorry for him...almost. What a fool....

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Yankee fan, I'm not seeing much that I'd call encouraging. Hughes looks like he's all but lost it, the bullpen has been good but not great and the batting averages are starting to tumble. Don't know if anyone noticed but Mark Texiera, the newly minted Mr. April, is now hitting .240 after going 0-4 today against the Sox. A-Rod's .304 leads the team and Russell Martin is next at .292. Everyone else is pretty much tanking. A Red Sox sweep this weekend is not out of the question.

Can't believe Lackey gets the win , he SUCKED. Friggin' Eck kinda gave him props?

was he watching the same game?

He SUCKED

The Yanks are the most amazing team in the world ,cause I always think they suck ,yet they win a lot.

I don't know how they do it .....

Not only did Lackey get an undeserved win, but Bartolo Colon, the best pitcher on the field today to have pitched at least two innings, gets a thoroughly undeserved loss. Even if Tex's error had not led to an unearned go-ahead run, Colon would have been the losing pitcher of record anyway once Gonzalez beat the shift with his bunt single to the left side of the infield. Gonzalez came around to score once Logan got into the game.

I hope the Rays are not responsible for his contract.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6310125

Doesn't look like it...

He earned over $200MM in his career, according to Baseball-Reference, but won't earn the bulk of his agreed upon 2011 salary.

http://www.mlbtrader...ez-retires.html

I can almost, almost feel sorry for him...almost. What a fool....

I don't see how he can be in the Hall of Fame now, caught twice doing PEDs, that's just beyond the pale. If voters are not voting for McGiwre, and will withhold votes from Bonds, than Manny has to be out also. So much for "Manny being Manny." :tdown

I don't see how he can be in the Hall of Fame now, caught twice doing PEDs, that's just beyond the pale. If voters are not voting for McGiwre, and will withhold votes from Bonds, than Manny has to be out also. So much for "Manny being Manny." :tdown

Boy that off-the-charts 1/2 season with the Dodgers reeks of being a product of pharmacology.

I'll miss him as he was highly entertaining, though as a fan I never had to deal with his pouting on my team.

In another move that pretty much characterizes the Yankees borderline desperate pitching situation, they have just signed ex-Cub Carlos Silva to a minor league deal. If Hughes doesn't pick it up, he won't last as a starter. That means the Yanks will have to choose between Bartolo Colon, Kevin Millwood and, now, Carlos Silva to fill out their rotation. Not exactly Allie Reynolds, Ed Lopat, Tommy Byrne and Vic Raschi is it?

It has always boggled my mind that the Braves can't draw in Atlanta despite putting out quality teams every year. I mean Milwuakee out draws them every year. Milwaukee! I can't remember them ever selling out a playoff game and if they have I'm sure its more of an exception than the rule. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the Braves could only draw 36K out to the ballpark today to see their team, a team many(including me) have predicted to win the NL east this season, take on the Phillies. Granted neither Halladay or Lee(whom they smacked around last night) were pitching today but Oswalt is still pretty amazing to watch. Can't blame the weather - it was 81 degrees. A perfect day to catch a game and there was no football drawing away fans. I don't think everyone was at Augusta. Was there a big NASCAR race this weekend? I mean WTF??

In another move that pretty much characterizes the Yankees borderline desperate pitching situation, they have just signed ex-Cub Carlos Silva to a minor league deal. If Hughes doesn't pick it up, he won't last as a starter. That means the Yanks will have to choose between Bartolo Colon, Kevin Millwood and, now, Carlos Silva to fill out their rotation. Not exactly Allie Reynolds, Ed Lopat, Tommy Byrne and Vic Raschi is it?

As somebody over at PA just posted:

We are really dedicated to this 2011 Yankees Reclamation Tour.

The Giants won on the last at bat again last night, beating the Cardinals, and The Genius, Tony LaRussa. This Giant team looks very good, and very confident, I don't see how the Dodgers or Rockies are going to beat them, the Giant pitching is again the best in the league. The Giants also got their bling last night:

mlb_a_giants_rings_b1_300.jpg

Goodspeak's favorite pitcher, Barry Zito, goes this afternoon, we'll see how he fairs today.

Minor Manny coverage pet peeve: His career did not start in Boston. His success did not start in Boston. His goofiness did not start in Boston. He played more postseason games as an Indian (and specifically more WS games). His Bos/Cle stats are pretty darn comparable, though his best two individual seasons were his last two in Cleveland. Yes, he helped end a biblical drought in a northeast port (...for which many of us will be eternally grateful). You'd basically only know the last item on this list if you relied on ESPN. ...Not that it matters.

The Giants won on the last at bat again last night, beating the Cardinals, and The Genius, Tony LaRussa. This Giant team looks very good, and very confident, I don't see how the Dodgers or Rockies are going to beat them, the Giant pitching is again the best in the league. The Giants also got their bling last night:

mlb_a_giants_rings_b1_300.jpg

Even Tejada contributed with his walk-off double! But don't count the Rocks out just yet. Those guys are always a tough out.

Goodspeak's favorite pitcher, Barry Zito, goes this afternoon, we'll see how he fairs today.

Ugh.

Well, so much for .500 ball <_<

I'll be taking in the Giants vs. Braves game on April 22nd. Sanchez figures to pitch that day; no Zito.

Giant baseball is TORTURE again.

The Giants won on the last at bat again last night, beating the Cardinals, and The Genius, Tony LaRussa. This Giant team looks very good, and very confident, I don't see how the Dodgers or Rockies are going to beat them, the Giant pitching is again the best in the league.

What a difference two days makes. :D

Giant baseball is TORTURE again.

The Giants won on the last at bat again last night, beating the Cardinals, and The Genius, Tony LaRussa. This Giant team looks very good, and very confident, I don't see how the Dodgers or Rockies are going to beat them, the Giant pitching is again the best in the league.

What a difference two days makes. :D

Gigantes still won the weekend series...in spite of Zito. :P