LF:Night of The Cooker Vols 1-2 - RVG Edition

I was not aware this was OOP and it's the single RVG missing on my collection so i'm all available for offers except for the european version which i remember was copy controlled.

I'll keep my fingers crossed :rolleyes:

Marcus

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0002IQ9QY/ref=sr_1_1_olp?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1302375569&sr=1-1&condition=used

This isn't a bad price for a two CD set.

Marcus--I recall Amazon was an issue for you, old friend--happy to grab this and send it to Rio. Let me know!

Cheers!

I was not aware this was OOP and it's the single RVG missing on my collection so i'm all available for offers except for the european version which i remember was copy controlled.

I'll keep my fingers crossed :rolleyes:

Marcus

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0002IQ9QY/ref=sr_1_1_olp?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1302375569&sr=1-1&condition=used

This isn't a bad price for a two CD set.

I sure wish that Harold Mabern had been able to play on a better piano. And that Lee had been in better shape. Could have been a lot better that it was.

I agree with that. The song selection wasn't especially inspiring either. Definitely less than the sum of it's parts and a disappointment for a mid-60's Blue Note with the artists involved.

Hmm - I always enjoy listening to it ! :unsure: Agree that it is not the best Hubbard or Morgan of the period and sloppy in execution but it's an atmospheric recording, nevertheless.

I agree with Sidewinder. The trumpet battle between Lee and Freddie on the first track has always held interest for me. Quite clearly this was an alcohol-fueled gathering that we may have viewed differently if it had emerged thirty years later as a newly discovered tape.

I noticed this Amazon Marketplace offer but i thought i could try here first as i knew no one really likes this :D

I'll go for the Marketplace one then.

Just sent you a PM Peter.

Thanks to all of you

Cheers

MCO

Edited by marcoliv