Clarke-Boland Big Band

Victor Christensen

The re-packing and -grouping that Rearward does is a bit confusing ... they did some reissues that have like 80% overlap with other of their own reissues (the Shihab discs!). Escapes me why they do that. Rather stick to one "line" and bring out more music!

But hey, this is a small complaint, since basically it's just great that anyone still bothers about Clarke/Boland!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked up CBBB's "Jazz in Universal" (1966) in Fopp (London) which is part of the Japanese Atlantic Jazz Best Collection 1000 (import) but all selling for £5 ($10) - very, very good value indeed and akin to MPS the sound quality is pretty much most perfect.

51GvxD0hBXL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The re-packing and -grouping that Rearward does is a bit confusing ... they did some reissues that have like 80% overlap with other of their own reissues (the Shihab discs!). Escapes me why they do that. Rather stick to one "line" and bring out more music!

It seems that their current "line" is to release albums or sessions in their entirety. The collections a la "Calypso Blues", while apparently still in print, stem from a previous reissuing program.

It seems that their current "line" is to release albums or sessions in their entirety. The collections a la "Calypso Blues", while apparently still in print, stem from a previous reissuing program.

Yes, that's what I think - but I still find it a silly thing to change such a strategy after several fine reissues (they also had nice booklets!)

Anyway, glad they're going on! I'll skip the Bahnhof, I guess, but will want the trio (though I've got to double check about that first, too).

Quote I guess, but will want the trio (though I've got to double check about that first, too).Unquote

Buy with confidence, this Trio session is marvellous and didn`t surface before on Cd level. (Oddly) three great Boland-Woode/Clarke tracks stemming from a different session - being featured on the REARWARD CD Johnny Griffin "Griff`n bags" are not included - depriving the new Cd of the "Complete Bloand Trio recordings" status....but we should settle for what we got ;-))

Enjoy the Cd+Liebe Grüße

Emil

PS Reposting this as my first post "didn`t make it"......in case the original post turns up later I would ask the admin for "clearence " ;-)9