What are you thinking now?

Medicine talk:

The first paragraph is something that I've never been able to figure out, nail down, visualize or even imagine existing on this planet.

The rest, yeah, I know how life works, 99% of it sucks. The older I get, the more tired I get of the fight, the cost of business becomes too high, survival becomes something less than it should be. Doing anything other than something I'm passionate about seems like a big fucking waste of time. Surviving ain't enough, I need to live.

They already got my peace and sanity years ago. I don't know what serenity is, I've never experienced it.

6 days later, the only accurate statement in that paragraph is "I need to live"

Now if that isn't a good enough reason to treat myself to a nice dinner today, I don't know what is. thumbs_up.gif

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in a new house for a couple months, and I finally cleaned out my closet, literally as well as metaphorically. Got rid of all the clothes that I will never wear again. Probably am hanging onto a few too many clothes that I might be able to wear again if I got my act together.

Also thinking how ironic when I was emerging from winter hibernation and starting to exercise, I threw my back out something awful. Doctor says that this week I should finally be able to start swimming again, but no biking until July. :(

While listening to the Rubble Collection, I'm trying to think of cool names for Psychedelic Rock comps, so far:

The Clouds Are My Friends

Raking The Sky

Magic Mystical Marriage in Madness

There's a song called "Clouds In My House" by Quebec based band Voivod, always thought that would make a good album title.

now if it was a prog rock comp?

"How Do You Spell Pretentious? ELP". dirol.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My Grandmother had to go into long term care recently and that's been extremely hard on the whole family. In the long run though, she's much happier now because she has a social outlet with all the other residents and she's in better spirits than she has been for many years. Living alone in a house in West Virginia was not good for her, so even though she really didn't want to leave initially...now she doesn't even mention it anymore.

Dealing with the same here. It's tough all right.

Tell me about it brother.

My mom went into care for a year and a half before she died. My sister in law bore a deep grudge against me for not 'doing more', rather hard from the other side of the world. One thing led to another resulting in my brother and I having what looks like a permanent falling out. The whole family went to pieces when she died.

I'm feeling like I was snookered. I ordered what looked like a relatively interesting documentary on Darwin from Netflix -- Darwin: The Voyage That Shook the World -- and it turns out it is from a group trying to undermine Darwin. I decided to watch anyway as there were some interesting scenes recreating the voyage of the Beagle. I think most of the scientific talking heads were reasonably balanced and were recruited to focus on the minor flaws where Darwin had things wrong, but then they weren't allowed to discuss how later scientists had improved the theory of evolution. But then sure enough, some guy comes on and starts talking about the eye :angry:, as if the structure of the eye was really so miraculous that the mere existence of eyes really "proved" the existence of a higher being :blink:. Reminds me more than a little of Douglas Adams' takedown of theologically-minded philosophers in HGTTG. (There it was the Babel-fish that was so perfect that it proved the existence of a higher power.) As long as I am rambling, just about the only use of God in pop culture that I thought was pretty cool was the episode of Futurama where Bender meets God (Godfellas). That was a great episode -- one my favorites. I highly recommend it.

Ok, back to the original rant. It seems comments have been disabled (again) on Netflix, or I would go and give this documentary a poor ranking. Oh well. Live and learn.

Edited by ejp626

• 4 years later...