Guess who?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack's right, as usual.

I heard a radio story about Kathy Ireland becoming a megabucks business mogul, was kinda surprised, and looked for pics. I wouldn't have recognized her.

Ireland was another model-turned-actress. I saw her guest star on a few television dramas, on which she demonstrated the usual poise and attractiveness with a lack of acting talent. Was surprised to learn relatively recently that she was a very successful entrepeneur in the clothing business. Apparently she does have a brain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In regard to the facemask, I remember when he was still playing fifty years ago that it was said that he was the last player. The website that linked me to that photo repeated the claim.

Evan, your spoiler link is interesting because it disagrees! Oh well.

Edited by GA Russell

This is from Paul Lukas who writes a column for ESPN and blogs on his own under the name UniWatch. I sent this picture to Paul and he replied thusly:

The last players not to wear a facemask were Pat Studstill and Bobby Joe Green. Studstill wore a one bar facemask with Detroit as a receiver and wore a different helmet without a facemask while punting for the Rams until 1971. Green served as the Bear's punter through 1974. Tommy McDonald was the last player other than a kicker or punter to not wear a facemask What may be more impressive is that (redacted) played on the defensive line for the Boston Patriots wiithout a facemask until 1964.

Note that I refrained from letting the cat out of the bag,