Shawn in LA this weekend

Does anybody in Los Angeles every return phone calls? I've left at least 30 messages at apartments and room shares and have gotten about 2 callbacks so far. You'd think someone might be interested in actually taking my money...

Frustrating as HELL.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody in Los Angeles every return phone calls? I've left at least 30 messages at apartments and room shares and have gotten about 2 callbacks so far. You'd think someone might be interested in actually taking my money...

Frustrating as HELL.

Hang in there. I'm sure things will work out ok.

Frustrating as HELL.

No, they don't call back if it's already taken. And sometimes even if it is available, they'll take several days to reply. A weird feature.

Sunland is good if you get a job in the Valley or Pasadena. It gets HOT out there in teh summer though. But there are mountains and horses as well.

I know a few people who have come and gone. It's hard to meet people and find a place here. But also easy to reinvent yourself,for the same reasons, probably. Really essential to find some extra-curricular activities to start making friends, and not do the Work-Home-Work life.

But there is always a lot of driving.

I hope Shawn doesn't mind my speaking for him so to speak. Shawn is an audio engineer with a degree and he's also very knowledgeable and "into" film. This is where he's wanted to be for a long time and never managed to be. There are more jobs that he is both qualified for and really wants to have there than almost any city in the world.

Okay gang, I just needed to vent, had to get a little frustration out...that's all. I've had a crappy run of luck for the past week and it finally caught up with me. I've shaken it off and I'm not leaving...

I went and looked at a cheap apartment in one of the older downtown neighborhoods (Jefferson Park historic district), it's basically perfect for my needs. I should be able to just barely swing it financially and it's available for move-in on Friday morning. I'm waiting for a call back from the landlady (she was the only person today that actually returned my phone calls). I was able to meet the current tenant and he gave me the lowdown on the area, what streets are cool, what streets to avoid. He's even going to leave some of the furniture behind.

Since it's right smackdab in the center of LA, it should make bussing to work relatively painless and I don't really need to take freeways anywhere. There is also a public library across the street so that's convenient as well.

Keep your fingers crossed...

...had a crappy run of luck for the past week and it finally caught up with me. I've shaken it off and I'm not leaving...

Hey, that's the whole thing right there. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Fuck kindergarten - everything you needed to know, you learned on the back of a shampoo bottle!

...had a crappy run of luck for the past week and it finally caught up with me. I've shaken it off and I'm not leaving...

Hey, that's the whole thing right there. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Fuck kindergarten - everything you needed to know, you learned on the back of a shampoo bottle!

that's great, JSngry!! i'm going to try to remember that one - invaluable!

Shawn, I'd love to hook up and compare notes if you'd like - I work in the film biz and have some, if perhaps limited for your needs, contacts - but ironically I'm headed to Texas and other Southern environs this weekend. So maybe later next month after I get back.

Shawn, I'd love to hook up and compare notes if you'd like - I work in the film biz and have some, if perhaps limited for your needs, contacts - but ironically I'm headed to Texas and other Southern environs this weekend. So maybe later next month after I get back.

Sounds good man! I look forward to meeting you when you get back.

Hold deposit given to apartment, now just waiting for the fun application process to complete. If everything works out, I can move into the apartment in the morning.

Sounds good man! I look forward to meeting you when you get back.

Hold deposit given to apartment, now just waiting for the fun application process to complete. If everything works out, I can move into the apartment in the morning.

:tup :tup