Fred Miles Presents

Tom in RI

Aside from the inherent rarity of the output of a label like that, I would consider any of the seemingly countless Al + Zoot sessions that are easier and cheaper to find.

Obviously, one goes after the more common releases first in one's pursuit of recordings by favorite artists, but I know the Al & Zoot Fred Miles LP, and it's a real winner. Btw, it was reissued on Zim in the early 1980's, so one doesn't have to pay a premium to hear the music.

The Al Cohn-Zoot Sims album was the only release from the Fred Miles Presents label, back in 1961:

Zoot-Sims-Either-Way---180g-400904.jpg

The album was reissued in 1976 on Art Zimmerman's Zim label (LP SMS-2002):

29458653.jpg

Recent CD appearance on Lonehill's 'Zoot Sims/Al Cohn - The Hoagy Carmichael Sessions and More'.

The Al Cohn-Zoot Sims album was the only release from the Fred Miles Presents label, back in 1961:

Zoot-Sims-Either-Way---180g-400904.jpg

The album was reissued in 1976 on Art Zimmerman's Zim label (LP SMS-2002):

29458653.jpg

Recent CD appearance on Lonehill's 'Zoot Sims/Al Cohn - The Hoagy Carmichael Sessions and More'.

Also reissued as a Baybridge LP in Japan with the original cover, which is how I have it.

Edited by paul secor