*The Genre-Film & TV Corner*

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"One False Move" (1992), a very different film, but very good. Probably my favorite Carl Franklin film.

I'll take a look at that.

One False Move is a great, tight thriller.

Devil In A Blue Dress and Out Of Time are also good but One False Move is a must see.

Have seen Devil in a Blue Dress. Have added Out of Time to my rental list.

• 2 weeks later...

Total Recall - Len Wiseman (2012)

total-recall-poster.jpg

Despite the negative reviews I quite enjoyed it. Nothing more than a non stop action bonanza but it was well done with pretty impressive effects. The future world was a clear hodge podge of rip offs from other films but it didn't stop me enjoying it.

LOOPER (Rian Johnson - 2012)

Emily-Blunt.jpg

LOVED this movie!

The tone of this film really reminded me of a classic film noir kind of vibe, especially the sections on the farm which brought to mind movies like High Sierra. I thought the time travel storyline was handled well, performances were above average, tight direction. All around excellent.

This film will probably make my "top 5 genre film" list this year alongside "Safety Not Guaranteed" and "The Cabin In The Woods" which already have guaranteed spots.

Edited by Shawn

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this long-dead thread for the sole purpose of posting the trailer for the upcoming Godzilla movie.

Bryan Cranston, Elizabeth Olsen, Ken Watanabe, Sally Hawkins, Juliette Binoche and Aaron Taylor-Johnson star in director Gareth Edwards (Monsters) 60th anniversary reboot of the classic Japanese film Gojira (1954).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu85WQTPRc&sns=fb