NFL Football 2011

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How 'bout them Cowboys?

I am one happy, and quite relieved, New York Jet fan!

I thought it was pretty much over (Dallas with a big lead) and when I checked back in it was all tied up! Not a good day for Romo. Not good at all.

Romo was the difference in the game. Cowboys had the game won except for his two bonehead turnovers - the fumble at the goal line and the stupid, stupid interception.

Cowboys defense played pretty well all things considered. They were playing their 4th and 5th cornerbacks at one point, and they were actually playing ok. And the run defense held NYJ to 2.8 yards per carry, not bad at all.

I'm happy for New York fans though, in particular on this day.

Classic Romo. Classic. That boy ain't right.

That's just one of many reasons why, in this house, it's still baseball season & the local NFL franchise is still playing exhibition games as far as I can care.

Them Boys ain't right, from the very top all the way town. Romo is just one layer.

Niners lose a game today they should have won if they actually had a QB.

Alex Smith just plain SUCKS.

He may suck, but not playing with Crabtree, and then Edwards getting hurt early made a difference. Plus, playing behind an O-Line that allowed 6 sacks doesn't give him much time to get rid of the ball either. I am not sure it was entirely Smith's fault tonight.

On the other side, it was an impressive display by Romo, coming back from a broken rib to lead the Cowboys back to a tie in regulation and a win in OT.

Cowboys had Dez Bryant out with injuries, and Felix Jones suffered a separated shoulder but played through it. Plus Miles Austin reinjured his hamstring and played through it, and Witten injured his ribs as well. Plus a couple of missing O-Line guys. Plus 2 of their top 3 cornerbacks missing on defense.

All in all the Cowboys played a great game.

Edited by Aggie87