2011 Organissimo Football Pool

Hahaha, "chokes?" This whole thing is up for grabs. Last few games of the regular season will be a crapshoot, with teams that already clinched taking games off and other teams crumbling to pressure or rising to the occasion. Anybody's pool!

Wouldn't the tiebreaker be the points in the last week?

Agreed- I always hate the last week when doing pools. I think the pressure is all on you because this week is going to be like the last week of pre-season. Playoff teams sitting people, teams out of it seeing what they have for next year. Everyone behind you can take chances on the upsets- they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Sent you all a message from the O-pool...

To paraphrase, what should the tie-breaker be if NOJ chokes his 2 game lead and we have a tie for YTD wins?

I suggest that any tie be resolved by having the tied leaders select the winners of playoff games, week by week, until one person has taken the lead - a "sudden death" playoff.

To me, choosing a winner based on an individual's performance in any given week or weeks seems incredibly arbitrary. And I am not saying that because I have won only one week this season.

Alternatively, we might select a winner by looking at the tied leaders' MNF points predictions. For example, if one person's MNF points predictions are off by an average of one point each week and the other's are off by an average of two points, then the first person wins - obviously the actual calculations would probably be a little more complicated.

You're asking me to do math?? I'm hoping NOJ or someone else wins this out-right.

It's YOUR pool (rhetorically) so a majority for tie-breaker would be nice. I'd like to hear from everyone.

I'll ask some friends in other pools and see what they propose.

I would gladly do the math if it came to it. As it is, I think that NOJ pretty much has this season wrapped up.

Edited by Edward

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to put my picks in with my phone, and I was drunk. I made really boring picks, and it probably won't go that way.

Congratulations, NOJ! You beat everyone (except Soulstation1) in the final week with your picking while drunk strategy. When the season started, I was afraid that Connoisseur series500 was going to claim his third season victory based upon very short term historical data (i.e., he won in 2005 and 2008).

BTW, if you were bored enough to perform the calculations, you (and everyone else for that matter) probably think that I am an ass based upon the tie-breaker that I was pushing (my MNF picks turned out to be better than yours - my point differential was better in nine out of seventeen weeks and our point differentials were the same in two of the weeks). Honestly, though, I did not know that at the time - I have never put all that much thought into my MNF total points predictions.

To avoid any unnecessary theatrics, I strongly urge that we all arrive at a consensus as to what the tie-breakers should be before the start of next season. Sooner or later, there is going to be a tie at season's end.

Congratulations once again!

I had to put my picks in with my phone, and I was drunk. I made really boring picks, and it probably won't go that way.

Well, since this methods works- you'll run away with this next year!

Well done NOJ!!

Conn suggested the people tied for 1st pick the weekly playoff games. I like that. If both tie with wins the first week- go into the 2nd week, and so on until there's a weekly winner.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can you add me as Aggie874, SS?

That is my name on the old Org football pool. It won't let me log in though.

edit - Just talked to vajerzy on FB. He was gonna try to set up his pool again too. I dunno if we need two, wouldnt think so?

Edited by Aggie87