Mingus and Bullitt

Bright Moments

So today I watched the Steve McQueen movie "Bullitt" and I could swear that I saw Charles Mingus in the Jazz Club scene playing the bass. I did a google search and checked IMDB to try to see if I was right about it - but could not confirm or deny.

Can anybody help?

:tophat:

Edited by Bright Moments

someone needs to teach me how to imbed the video!

It's just like posting an image, only you use this icon media.png instead of this one picture.png

And it seems to only work with YouTube videos, and then only if the link's not yet been used in the thread.

Edited by JSngry

• 1 year later...

someone needs to teach me how to imbed the video!

It's just like posting an image, only you use this icon media.png instead of this one picture.png

And it seems to only work with YouTube videos, and then only if the link's not yet been used in the thread.

That icon doesn't seem to be available now....it's not the "My Video" icon, is it?

What do I need to do now to imbed a YouTube link?

There is/was a limited edition CD of the Bullitt score that contained both the WB LP version and the actual film tracks. It fit onto a single CD. Film Score Monthly, AKA FSM, released it. Well worth picking up.

The tune in question is called "Song for Cathy." The film version is better than the LP version, IMHO.

Lalo also did a re-recording of this music circa 2000, and while it is good, there was too much temporal and geographical distance from the original for it to work as well as it could have. This version is on Schifrin's own Aleph label. Not as good as the FSM, but the price is right.