NBA 2012

MWP should offer the fake handshake to Harden and clock him

Reminds me of the 1977 finals when Maurice Lucas shook hands with Darryl Dawkins before game three of their series - they'd had a set to in game two. Lucas later said it was a con to throw Dawkins off his game. It worked, as the Blazers took the next four games after being down 0-2.

I'm sure that BruceW remembers that.

You're right Paul, Lucas was very very smart (and tough). He was the man in his day. The Enforcer :tophat:

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of the 1977 finals when Maurice Lucas shook hands with Darryl Dawkins before game three of their series - they'd had a set to in game two. Lucas later said it was a con to throw Dawkins off his game. It worked, as the Blazers took the next four games after being down 0-2.

I'm sure that BruceW remembers that.

You're right Paul, Lucas was very very smart (and tough). He was the man in his day. The Enforcer :tophat:

I'm finally getting around to reading Halberstam's The Breaks Of The Game. It took a cross country flight for me to break it out. As an Oregonian it's required reading as it focuses on the Blazers's first season post-Walton (though there's tons of non-Blazer content), but seriously, it's one of the great basketball books, and it has a whole lotta Luke in it.

Edited by Quincy

I think this series goes to six.

Care to make it interesting?

Nah.

Sucker's bet. ^_^

Lakers are too spotty to bet on this season.

I'd pay to see that one.

OKC killin the lakers

Eight days rest vs. one day rest.

OKC was fresh, LA was flat.

I think this series goes to six.

That is no excuse. Every team has the option of closing out their series early and getting extra rest. The Lakers failed to do that. And in a way, they had the advantage of being "sharp" but they weren't that either. So what else is new??? OKC is just a better team this year. :tophat:

I don't disagree. OKC is a much better team...except in the 4th quarter.

But to say a seven game stretch doesn't take it out of you vs a team with fresh legs may be over stating it just a tad.

Just sayin'.

Edited by GoodSpeak

I bet if Coach sat down Gasol and Bynum and let the scrubs start, that would light a fire under their rears and start playing some playoff basketball.

:tophat:

Actually, Coach Thibs was willing to bench Boozer in game 6, since he was playing so awfully. There aren't too many coaches willing to do that, which is a shame. But the Bulls generally had the best bench in the NBA (OKC's bench is not bad either ;)), so it was an easier decision. Obviously it still didn't matter, but I think it was the right move. Bulls did come very close to winning that game, even being so short-handed.

Edited by ejp626

Blowing a seven-point lead in the last two minutes was a microcosm of the Lakers' subpar season. A careless turnover, poor defense when it counted most, an easy shot missed, and a wide-open three...bricked.

I had totally given the game to the Lakers and went to do something on my computer. (Naturally, had turned the volume level on TV up to hear). Next thing I know I am hearing all this loud cheering and came back to the TV just in time to see that pass thrown "through" Kobe's fingers. Decided I better watch from there on.

but remember this, for every collapse, another team has to have the ability to walk through that door and OKC did. :tophat:

Somehow below the radar, Aggie's boys might just get it done this year. Once the all-flash-no-substance Clippers have gone fishin', we'll see how well the remaining coaches can match Popovich (best active coach in the NBA). I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them get Timmy one more ring. Tony Parker is schooling Chris Paul.

Somehow below the radar, Aggie's boys might just get it done this year. Once the all-flash-no-substance Clippers have gone fishin', we'll see how well the remaining coaches can match Popovich (best active coach in the NBA). I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them get Timmy one more ring. Tony Parker is schooling Chris Paul.

It's possible, though I'm liking OKC's chances (and much younger legs). The way things are going, it sure seems that whoever stumbles out of the East is going to be slaughtered by either OKC or San Antonio.

Where I am glad the Lakers beat OKC 99-96, it has always worried me that Kobe Bryant is has to be the guy to bail the team out all the time. I mean, do the other guys on the team even care about winning?

Game 4 tonight....we'll see if the rest of the starters will step up.

Last night's free throw shooting contest plus the idiotic scheduling of back-to-back playoff games shows just how bad the NBA has gotten under David Stern. He and his refs must go for the integrity of the game.