NBA 2012

Last night's free throw shooting contest plus the idiotic scheduling of back-to-back playoff games shows just how bad the NBA has gotten under David Stern. He and his refs must go for the integrity of the game.

I saw the schedule in the paper this morning and thought it was a mistake; my first thought was "how can they do that, it is unheard of in the playoffs." I was wrong. And brother, you are right, the NBA and David Stern had better wake up or face an unheard of strike. Players injuries off the scope, ridiculous triple back to backs and way too many double back to backs. :tophat:

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night's free throw shooting contest plus the idiotic scheduling of back-to-back playoff games shows just how bad the NBA has gotten under David Stern. He and his refs must go for the integrity of the game.

Yeah, I noticed that, too.

Back-to-back games...when did this start? Even in the regular season there is at least one day between games.

I saw the schedule in the paper this morning and thought it was a mistake; my first thought was "how can they do that, it is unheard of in the playoffs." I was wrong. And brother, you are right, the NBA and David Stern had better wake up or face an unheard of strike. Players injuries off the scope, ridiculous triple back to backs and way too many double back to backs. :tophat:

I agree.

If Stern stays on much longer it will ruin the game irrevocably.

Back-to-back games...when did this start? Even in the regular season there is at least one day between games.

Better check your sources again - there were numerous back-to-back games during the regular season. The Spurs had at least 20 of them this season. Plus, they had at least two back-to-back-to-back games, 3 in a row.

Clippers/Spurs have back-to-backs today and tomorrow as well. Not sure if that helps or hurts one team more than the other.

The biggest concern is injuries. The players' bodies need recovery time. It will also result in an inferior basketball product on the court. Tired teams play crappy basketball. Stern is an idiot.

Near the end of last night's Lakers-OKC, Durant has the ball, is double teamed, hit by BOTH Lakers and knocked on his ass, but no whistle! Stevie Wonder calls that foul. I started to think that Metta World Peace would have to elbow Durant for a whistle...

Near the end of last night's Lakers-OKC, Durant has the ball, is double teamed, hit by BOTH Lakers and knocked on his ass, but no whistle! Stevie Wonder calls that foul. I started to think that Metta World Peace would have to elbow Durant for a whistle...

Definitely a problem. I turned it off when they showed Harden was whistled for an absolutely clean block and then was given two ticky-tack fouls in the next minute and a half. Just not enjoyable for me when the game's outcome is so bound up with the officiating.

During the Lakers - OKC game last night I thought I saw something and a replay was never showed. Today on the pregame show Charles alluded to that situation and they kept showing the replay and I was right. MWP is a dirty dirty mental player. He did, and I repeat the replay showed it, knee Russell Westbrook in his "man parts" while Westbrook was down on the court. It is time for MWP to go, although the Lakers will probably wait until the playoffs are over and attempt to trade him next season. There is no place in the NBA for a player who is so dirty and replays continue to verify that he is exactly that. :tophat:

Edited by BruceW

Yeah, I think it's at least ambiguous what happened there. Not only did they indeed show a replay from more than one angle (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1188796-thunder-vs-lakers-video-watch-metta-world-peace-knee-russell-westbrook ), but Westbrook was already flailing at MWP pretty violently when the knee came down.

But beyond that the mechanics of it don't really make any sense. I'm not quite 6 feet tall and my knees can't extend down with any force to the level of a guy in the prone position when I'm standing up. MWP has about 9 inches on me and probably has legs 10-12 inches longer, which would make it even harder to pull off something like that. Try bending down to knee a chair leg from a standing position. You can't really do it without outright falling knee-first on it and completely losing your balance.

A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss!

1 point or 15 is still a loss :tophat:

No doubt.

But three close losses in a row just shows the Lakers still have a fair amount of talent on the team. The Thunder has had to struggle to win [or, more to the point, preside over the mistakes of the Lakers]. My thinking is if the Thunder was that good [or the Lakers that bad] the games would be more lopsided and they aren't.

Edited by GoodSpeak

A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss!

1 point or 15 is still a loss :tophat:

No doubt.

But three close losses in a row just shows the Lakers still have a fair amount of talent on the team. The Thunder has had to struggle to win [or, more to the point, preside over the mistakes of the Lakers]. My thinking is if the Thunder was that good [or the Lakers that bad] the games would be more lopsided and they aren't.

Okay, let me put it this way; a W is a W is a W. The spread only makes a difference to the money betters.