NBA 2012

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Spurs have any chance on Wed night, they need to start fighting for offensive rebounds. Seems like they were all jacking up 3 point attempts, and everyone would immediately take off toward the other end of the court. Their game lately has devolved into Parker or Ginobili on pick and rolls, or Duncan shooting a 10-20 footer. Nobody else is doing anything, except jacking up 3 pointers. What happened to the rest of the game they were excelling at during the 20 game winning streak (and the earlier streaks during the season too)??

OKC should be favored in the Finals

They beat Dallas, Lakers and Spurs

They are favored, and rather strongly.

I Googled and found the following odds:

- Oklahoma City Thunder 1/2

- Miami Heat 13/4

- Boston Celtics 9/2

Besides the young legs, OKC can be explosive, scoring a ton of points real fast. I saw in last night's game that Durant missed a couple free throws in the 4th quarter and I realized that he may actually be human. I was starting to think he was a robot/cyborg, because it seemed like he didn't miss late in the game. Amazing player.

KD is freakin 24YO

He's actually not 24 until September!

And he's that young because he was only a Texas Longhorn for about 3 months. But he was pretty clearly the best player on the court during that college season too, in every game he played.

Check this out:

Naismith College Player of the Year (2007)

John R. Wooden Award (2007)

AP College Player of the Year (2007)

Oscar Robertson Trophy (2007)

Adolph Rupp Trophy (2007)

Big 12 Player of the Year (2007)

NBA Rookie of the Year (2008)

NBA All-Rookie First Team (2008)

2010 FIBA World Championship MVP

3× NBA All-Star (2010–2012)

3× NBA scoring champion (2010–2012)

3× All-NBA First Team (2010–2012)

NBA All Star Game MVP (2012)

...that's not too shabby a resume for a 23 year old!

Meh. To clarify my position on LeBron James, I think he's one of the best players I've ever seen play. From the way he fills up a stat sheet with assists, rebounds, and points, to his incredible combination of strength and speed, to his ferocious dunks in which he jumps head high with the rim. The guy is phenomenal, and is several years into being the best, most productive player in the NBA.

What I didn't like was his TV special announcing that he was leaving Cleveland (just go, you know?), followed by he and his two conspirators dancing around on stage counting up the championships they'd apparently already won ("not one, not two, not three..." like the rest of the league was just going to lay down). It rubbed me the wrong way, and made me want to see them fail. Simple as that.

Go Supersonics.

You got a big amen on that.

What they (he) showed was no class and no respect for the rest of the league. I guess the rest of the league has shown them so far. I'd really like to see OKC win it this year, even if it would have shown some vindication for Miami if they were to win. Class and humbleness are such a big part of being a champion. :tophat:

What I didn't like was his TV special announcing that he was leaving Cleveland (just go, you know?), followed by he and his two conspirators dancing around on stage counting up the championships they'd apparently already won ("not one, not two, not three..." like the rest of the league was just going to lay down). It rubbed me the wrong way, and made me want to see them fail. Simple as that.

You got a big amen on that.

What they (he) showed was no class and no respect for the rest of the league. I guess the rest of the league has shown them so far. I'd really like to see OKC win it this year, even if it would have shown some vindication for Miami if they were to win. Class and humbleness are such a big part of being a champion. :tophat:

Ditto to both posts.

I'm still disappointed in my Spurs blowing 4 games in a row, but have come to realize how truly well the Thunder played in those games. Go Thundersonics!

Noj pretty much nailed how I feel about LeBron. A great player but there are plenty of documented cases where he loses on style. The Walter Iooss photo shoot story that he wrote about really made LeBron out to be King Of The Douches.

As far as the fan bases the past 2 games have summed it up perfectly. In game 5 when the Heat were down by 4 with 40 seconds to play, people were filing out. A little later all you could hear was some kid yelling "Good effort" (and it wasn't sarcasm, he's a little kid whose coach said the same thing to his team in games) as the place was so silent. Last night the Celtics are being slaughtered and in the final minutes you could hear the fans chanting "Let's go Celtics" as a salute to the squad's efforts.

Go Thunder!

Nope Rose and Howard both made the Finals once

That was such a tragedy. They left school because of greed envy and they wound up with no championships and still made plenty of money. There is still some value in staying in school especially when your team in on the brink of true greatness. The money will always be there. Too bad, now Howard is hooked up with Lebron, Wade and Bosh, and he still might not get a ring. :tophat: