MLB 2012 Season

Drum roll please..... ( it may be water under the bridge to you, but these cheating POS need to be remembered for what they did plain & simple.

This was before your time but we once had a dedicated steroid thread for Bonds. Mod Larry Kart wasted too much of time trimming out the obscenities and such as it reflected poorly on the band that this site is named for. I believe it was eventually locked. Anyway, nothing will convince Goodspeak that Bonds was a user, that 'roids cause a ball to travel farther, and so on. Yeah, I know.

So while you didn't get to "enjoy" this discussion maybe it'd be better not to go back into the past of PED use in baseball, as you'd have better luck changing the "mind" of the wall across from you than that of Goodspeak.

Edited by Quincy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drum roll please..... ( it may be water under the bridge to you, but these cheating POS need to be remembered for what they did plain & simple.

This was before your time but we once had a dedicated steroid thread for Bonds. Mod Larry Kart wasted too much of time trimming out the obscenities and such as it reflected poorly on the band that this site is named for. I believe it was eventually locked. Anyway, nothing will convince Goodspeak that Bonds was a user, that 'roids cause a ball to travel farther, and so on. Yeah, I know.

So while you didn't get to "enjoy" this discussion maybe it'd be better not to go back into the past of PED use in baseball, as you'd have better luck changing the "mind" of the wall across from you than that of Goodspeak.

A similar "conversation" happened elsewhere too.

No matter...the photos (and records) of the yolked up freaks above says it all.

My edit: Original message cahnged for the good of the order.

I was here for that....check my join date.OK.

Here's the deal: I couldn't care less if Bonds was a PEDs user. He is the HR King because he could hit the ball. PEDs had nothing to do with it. Period. End of conversation. Why, I couldn't hazard a guess.

Where, indeed, is the Moderator, Mike?

Now you and Mike need to lay off. Today...as in immediately. I don't do this shit to either of you.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Here's the deal: I couldn't care less if Bonds was a PEDs user. He is the HR King because he could hit the ball. PEDs had nothing to do with it. Period. End of conversation.

Please stop making this claim. Nobody here agrees with you. Nobody here is going to be convinced that you are correct. Please keep this inflammatory (it's inflammatory because you know that will get a response from SOMEBODY every time you state it) comment to yourself, whether you truly believe it or not.

Here's the deal: I couldn't care less if Bonds was a PEDs user. He is the HR King because he could hit the ball. PEDs had nothing to do with it. Period. End of conversation.

Please stop making this claim. Nobody here agrees with you. Nobody here is going to be convinced that you are correct. Please keep this inflammatory (it's inflammatory because you know that will get a response from SOMEBODY every time you state it) comment to yourself, whether you truly believe it or not.

Nobody who, Aggie?

The half dozen people on this BBS who still delude themselves into believing PEDs create HR hitters? Really?

Tell you what: Don't inflame me and I won't fire up on any of you. Simple?

And please stop insulting my intelligence with all this nonsense.

Now DROP it already. Geez. I didn't bring it up, OK? Schwartz did. Jump his ass.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Nobody who, Aggie?

The half dozen people on this BBS who still delude themselves into believing PEDs create HR hitters? Really?

Tell you what: Don't inflame me and I won't fire up on you, Simple?

Now DROP it already. Geez. I didn't bring it up, OK?

In all the years in which you've maintained this stance (that PEDs didn't help Bonds to hit additional HRs), not a single person on this board has come forward and agreed with you. So by stating it again, and KNOWING nobody here agrees with you, you are simply trolling for argumentative responses. This is a statement of fact.

Nobody who, Aggie?

Tell you what: Don't inflame me and I won't fire up on you, Simple?

Now DROP it already. Geez. I didn't bring it up, OK?

In all the years in which you've maintained this stance (that PEDs didn't help Bonds to hit additional HRs), not a single person on this board has come forward and agreed with you. So by stating it again, and KNOWING nobody here agrees with you, you are simply trolling for argumentative responses. This is a statement of fact.

Whatever, Dude.

You can believe the fantasy, I'll believe the facts.

GO Giants! :P

And you conveniently forget Dan's obtrusive abusiveness during that entire exchange...really?

OK.

Here's the deal: I couldn't care less if Bonds was a PEDs user. He is the HR King because he could hit the ball. PEDs had nothing to do with it. Period. End of conversation. Schwartz, OTOH, has this fixation on me and whatever I say. He has made it his mantra to bring up Bonds every chance he gets. A gerbil has better sense. A troll, however, has a need to be this continual jerk with nothing better to do than goad other posters on this BBS.

It is an amazing and persistent thing and fodder for a psychologist's appointment.

Why, I couldn't hazard a guess.

Where, indeed, is the Moderator, Mike?

Now you and Mike need to lay off. Today...as in immediately. I don't do this shit to either of you.

MODERATOR PLEASE!!

I put up serious stats, photos & the like and make a few points regarding cheating players based on the news regarding recently suspended Cabrera.

Goodspeak holds a different (and kind of strange) take on things based on that these are his opinions ( period as he states), which he's entitled, but seasons his comebacks with insults and name calling.

He further states that I bring up Bary Bonds 'every chance I get' which is absurd, as I never mentioned the guy on this board once in 8 years until the other day when a player from the same team was suspended for using banned substances, which prompted using his name . Is that some sort of crime at Organissimo?

We were both asked to chill on another matter by a moderator and I've done what was asked.

Just a couple of posts ago, Goodspeak asks other posters to 'jump' me.

What kind of nonsense is that?

Edited by Mike Schwartz

I knew he'd have some sorta twist on Melky

All of his stats for this year should be erased

He doesn't deserve to win the batting title or any award

IMO

How would you like to be the American League team that goes to the World Series knowing they will not have home field advantage based upon All-Star game MVP Melky Cabrera?

The ridiculousness of your query is all one needs to observe in order to understand that the AL (or any league, for that matter) deserves what it gets thanks to Buuuuuud. Give it a rest!

IMO

How would you like to be the American League team that goes to the World Series knowing they will not have home field advantage based upon All-Star game MVP Melky Cabrera?

The ridiculousness of your query is all one needs to observe in order to understand that the AL (or any league, for that matter) deserves what it gets thanks to Buuuuuud. Give it a rest!

Jetman,ridiculousness is as ridiculousness does.

This year the all-star game is BUD_Squared....this one REALLY counts.

IMO

Good comeback.

Home field means jack to begin with. Secondly, I don't see any NL team this year beating the AL team that makes the World Series.

Sorry -- I can't moderate behavior that takes place while I'm asleep or otherwise occupied. In particular, Goodspeak -- at first glance, and I'm not going to go into this further, having wasted much time and effort doing so before, you are the main hurler of insulting remarks here. Further, while of course I'm not, as a moderator, in a position to judge the rightness or wrongness of your more than familiar stance on this issue, it is, as has been pointed out, more than familiar to all of us, and you have to my and our knowledge failed to make a single convert here to your point of view. Thus, I would suggest that from now on you either keep a strict hold on your emotions on this thread or simply stay away from it. It that fair or equitable? -- probably not. But in certain straits (and this is one of them IMO) we moderators are like school teachers handling a disruptive classroom. When the air gets filled with wads of gum, erasers, half-eathen peanut butter sandwiches and insults, one answer (and it's the one that's going to apply here unless I'm overruled by Jim or my fellow moderator) is simply to separate the combatants. Thus because without Goodspeak there would seem to be no combat on this thread, and because there is no sign that this Goodspeak-against-nearly-all combat has led or could lead anyone to change his mind, I again emphatically suggest that Goodpeak on this thread should either censor himself a good deal or just chose not to comment. And "emphatically suggest" is not the final step -- got it?

IMO

Good comeback.

Home field means jack to begin with. Secondly, I don't see any NL team this year beating the AL team that makes the World Series.

Thanks....followed by a weaker reply by you JET

Memories can be short....ask the Texas Rangers.

Do you think after the crushing, epic game 6 loss in the World Series, they'd have preferred getting a shot at game 7 at home?

Oh wait!!

It was played at the home field of the 2011 All-Star winning National League.

Edited by Mike Schwartz

Do you think after the crushing, epic game 6 loss in the World Series, they'd have preferred getting a shot at game 7 at home?

They'd have preferred Matt Harrison pitching some shutdown innings after they went back out and took the lead right off the bat, that's what they'd have preferred.

Reminds me of the Miles Davis comment to Coltrane about his lengthy solos when Coltrane said something to the effect that he had couldn't stop playing until he got all his ideas in. Miles said "then take the goddamn horn out of your mouth".

Edit to remove bulk of post that now has no context. But I still like this Miles quote so I'll keep it. ^_^

Edited by TedR

Hey Guys,

Let's not talk any more about Melky Cabrera OK?

I wouldn't want to bother anyone who thinks that this most recently suspended cheater may not have any influence whatsoever in what has transpired thus far in the NL with 45 games to play in the regular season at the time of his ouster, the standings in the NL pennant, wild card races, and ultimately the deciding 7th game of the 2012 World Series (if needed) which will be played in the NL city due in no small part by the All-Star Game MVP.

melkymvp.jpg

Your milage may vary....

FWIW, for all of those board members having problems w/ a certain poster I would just like to point out that the "ignore user" function works just dandy.

The Mets, Phillies, and the Brewers can all lay claim to having some of the shittest BPs in the majors. I heard this stat about the Phillies last night - their BP has the highest ERA for the 8th inning in MLB and they have given up more 8th inning HRs than any other team. Case in point - Thursday night's 8th inning meltdown by Jonathan Lindbloom(Thanks Dodgers!) which resulted in a grand slam by the Brewers Corey Hart. Hart had struck out in all 3 of his previous plate appearances that night vs. Cliff Lee. Ugh.

Edited by J.H. Deeley