u.s. government annual spending chart

post-377-0-53471500-1338082949_thumb.jpg

Nice one, Q. Is that real, or did you make it up?

MG

Let's just say it's unaudited & very off the cuff since it doesn't include health spending, never mind other bills & such. (Why I've actually spent money on clothes recently. Shocking!) And thanks to the incoming Coleman Hawkins Mosaic CDs might be overstated. Maybe…It seemed like the thread would morph into "post a pie chart or photo of a pie" so I thought I'd do my part. ;)

very cursory research shows me that, more likely than not, a thorough investigation on this site and the guy who runs it would likely show him/it to be a far-right republican shill w/ all the regular connections and attitudes and beliefs: capitalism cannot be questioned, christianity is the way to go and is "under attack," liberalism is a mental disorder, etc etc etc...

reminds me of a chapter title from one of Franken's books: "How To Lie With Footnotes." sub the word statistics for footnotes in that chapter title and you've got my impression of the link supplied in the OP.

and why is this not in the politics section of the forum?

Edited by thedwork

By "this site" you mean "that site," as in the site with the chart, right?

When I first read your post, I thought you were referring to organissimo and Jim.

:unsure:

Me too.

aaargggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!@#$%^&* :excited:

i was most definitely not referring to organissimo and jim. i can see how it might read like that until you get further along in the post. don't scare me like that.

anyway, i assume if anyone here did what i did - look up the guy who runs/put together the site - and checked out a few of his things/writings, you'd pretty much come away w/ the same impression i did. or, if you're berigan, you've found you're new hero and a bunch o' new sites to quote and link to when you wanna try to stir up some bullshit or "prove" a point...

Edited by thedwork

From the website: "Christopher Chantrill, writer and conservative". Shock of shocks.

Just another "no taxes ever, cuts only" dude with a blog. Dime a dozen.

So! Are things costing more for you, too? What happens if the money isn't there to pay for things in your house? Do you whine about how much it costs, or do you attempt to bring in more revenue?

And governments, who pay more for gasoline, electricity/gas, infrastructure, running the "biz" and other pesky increases in cost pay for it, um...how again? That would be through the taxes.

I dunno...seems to me this guy needs to get out of his penthouse and visit middle class folks who are struggling under the weight of "cuts only" types like this guy.

Just sayin'.

Edited by GoodSpeak

I notice that Protection is 5%. I wonder what that is. The Secret Service guarding the President's family? How could everything the Secret Service does total 5% of the federal budget?

You need to select the right pie chart and drill down through the plusboxes to see the details. The chart you are looking at is the total for governments at all 3 levels (federal/state/local) and it explains that "protection" is the sum total of the budgets for all the police/fire departments + courts + prisons across the whole country. Not the Secret Service.