All Music Guide

Head Man

I see that AMG has had a complete facelift. What do people think of the new format?

My first thoughts are that it's a great improvement.

BTW the short 'listen-to' track previews seem to have been replaced by what I presume are streaming services. Has anyone had any experience of these? I have a natural disinclination to sign-up to even more ways of listening to music!

Edited by Head Man

AMG is OK if you like popular stuff like jazz, R&B, C&W. But the information on most gospel music is effin' appalling. Even on some of the last couple of decades' worth of the most important singers, groups and choirs. If they're going to spend money, I'd much rather they spent it on improving the information, rather than on a face-lift.

MG

I don't like that I see so few albums per screen. If I shrink the font size I can get 9 rather than almost 7 in my standard set up, but I'd prefer to see more. On the other hand I see that on the Howlin' Wolf page they no longer have 3 entries for the latest Hip-O set. So if the makeover means they've tossed some redundant entries I'll give them that. I'm sure I'll adjust since I tend to visit it practically every day.

*edit to add - You can now search by artist, album or song title and hit return without having to specify which you want. Hooray!

Edited by Quincy

• 6 months later...

I see that AMG has had a complete facelift. What do people think of the new format?

My first thoughts are that it's a great improvement.

I think it is a definite improvement too. Time is not standing still technically and AMG was in need of a modernization - which I think they have successfully achieved.

all music gets dissed a lot but I find it useful. Yes, some reviewers are better than others but the price is right.

I find it useful too. A recurring problem, however, is that they mix up different albums bearing the same name. Sometimes the track list is different from what the cover shows or the review talks about. There should be better quality control regarding those things. But hey, it's free.

I LOVE that they now play all the samples rather than having to sit there and click on each individual song.

I have noticed that too and that is an important improvement!