Funniest Films

Another French comedy film I love - but can't remember the title at present - is one that takes place mostly in the sewers of Paris.

This film was 'Delicatessen'

Delicatessen2.jpg

About a butcher in post-apocalyptic France, who murders tenants of his apartment building and uses the corpses for pie fillings. Definitely black comedy.

MG

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I don't recall seeing this thread before...also funny, but not surprising to see most of my favorites mentioned....

Airplane is , IMHO, the funniest movie ever made, or ever will be made. Love 30's comedies, but it's not that often I find myself doubled over in laughter watching them, but films like My Man Godfrey, Easy Living, Lady Eve(Ok,thats the 40s) are forever fresh. As for the Marx Brothers, love all their films(well, except for the Big Store) but the first 10 minutes of Horse Feathers is about as funny as you will ever see a film be.

There's a Wheeler and Woolsey film (Just looked it up, Hold 'em Jail) that's like that too, great lines one right after the other, then about 15 minutes into the film, either the main writer either died, or was fired, and the film tanks.

What About Bob...man, wish they had made other films together, they really worked well together. Dryfuss is great in what could have been a thankless role.

Housesitter, with Steve Martin and Goldie Hawn(as an habitual liar) is right up there with What About Bob. When Martin has to sing Tura Lura Lura , that is the definition of painfully funny! :)

And Yes, Planes, Trains and Automobiles is a great film! John Candy should have won an Oscar for his performance.

Bruce Almighty...I don't know that I have ever laughed harder than during this scene...