Brian Rust Jazz Records

Saw a copy of the Brian Rust Jazz Records 1969 edition from Storyville in a secondhand book/record shop here.

The two volumes. Both in OK shape, not mint but not bad at all.

I did not have a full look at the volumes, noticed some pencil handwriting but nothing that cannot be erased, if needed...

€35 for the two volumes which seems like a very good price.

I don't need another discography but if anybody is interested, pls PM me.

The two volumes are on hold until next Wednesday.

Postage should be around €15 within Europe.

Payment by Amazon.fr voucher.

The set goes to MG! A good birthday purchase!

I'll get it sometime next week and will ship it by the end of the week.

Thanks Brownie, but you have to wait for me to learn how to pay you :D

MG

Not to worry... there are several ways to have money cross the Channel!

The set goes to MG! A good birthday purchase!

I'll get it sometime next week and will ship it by the end of the week.

Thanks Brownie, but you have to wait for me to learn how to pay you :D

MG

Not to worry... there are several ways to have money cross the Channel!

Good luck with that if you want to avoid extra cost. I usually use my PayPal account and swallow the fee myself by using the "private" PayPal payment method when sending payment to private persons.

One of my U.K. contacts told me sterling → euro bank transfers are hideously expensive.

Edited by J.A.W.

One of my U.K. contacts told me sterling → euro bank transfers are hideously expensive.

This need not be so if you use the IBAN et BIC (SWIFT) codes of the recipient's bank account for bank transfers inside the EU, and the banks aren't even ALLOWED to charge the customer (at either end) any fees for such intra-EU bank transfers using these codes (for once EU regulations are in the interest of the individual citizen on a practical level). Yet some banks still do (including those in France when you send money FROM France). All that probably helps in the short run is to raise heck directly with the banks (i.e. the bank tellers) each time they want to deduct fees for such transactions.

This need not be so if you use the IBAN et BIC (SWIFT) codes of the recipient's bank account for bank transfers inside the EU, and the banks aren't even ALLOWED to charge the customer (at either end) any fees for such intra-EU bank transfers using these codes (for once EU regulations are in the interest of the individual citizen on a practical level). Yet some banks still do (including those in France when you send money FROM France). All that probably helps in the short run is to raise heck directly with the banks (i.e. the bank tellers) each time they want to deduct fees for such transactions.

I was told that only euro → euro bank transfers within the European Union are or should be free of charge; transfers involving other currencies are charged with exchange rate fees.

Edited by J.A.W.

I was told that only euro → euro bank transfers within the European Union are or should be free of charge; transfers involving other currencies are charged with exchange rate fees.

Indeed I am not 100% sure about that but the intra-EU bank transfers from Germay to Sweden that I have made, for example (i.e. euros into Swedish Crowns), have always been exempt of fees on BOTH sides.

Anyway, I cannot see why "fees" (and certainly not exorbitant fees) should apply to exchange rates. You just credit the recipient's account with the amount at the exchange rate applicable at the time the money is transferred.

Indeed I am not 100% sure about that but the intra-EU bank transfers from Germay to Sweden that I have made, for example (i.e. euros into Swedish Crowns), have always been exempt of fees on BOTH sides.

Anyway, I cannot see why "fees" (and certainly not exorbitant fees) should apply to exchange rates. You just credit the recipient's account with the amount at the exchange rate applicable at the time the money is transferred.

Banks in my country used to charge fees for exchanging euro amounts into foreign currency amounts before the money was transferred, even though the BIC/Swift and IBAN codes/numbers were used. It's been a few years since my last euro → foreign currency bank transfer within the EU, though, so things may have changed.

Edited by J.A.W.

• 4 weeks later...