LF: Complete Bill Evans on Verve

Figured I'd take a shot at this. If anyone would be interested in parting with this set, drop me a PM. I can offer some combination of cash and trade in return, mainly Mosaic sets.

Thanks.

Careful--if anyone failed to open the box for longer than a year, it will have completely rusted shut, and you'll have to use a crowbar to get it open. Far and away the all-time worst packaging of great music ever.

gregmo

I've been interested in this set for awhile but unfortunately way out of my price range at present. :(

Yeah, that's why I was hoping somebody might have a more reasonable offer at there. All the sets being offered now are priced between $400 and $900. I can't imagine anyone is buying at those prices.

If this doesn't work I'll just start collecting the individual CDs, where possible.

I've been interested in this set for awhile but unfortunately way out of my price range at present. :(

Yeah, that's why I was hoping somebody might have a more reasonable offer at there. All the sets being offered now are priced between $400 and $900. I can't imagine anyone is buying at those prices.

If this doesn't work I'll just start collecting the individual CDs, where possible.

Wow! 400 to 900 bucks?!? I have a still-sealed copy sitting on my shelf. But it's rusting away under the shrink wrap.

I never intended to NOT open it, but when I got it it was to fill (perceived) gaps in my Evans recordings on single CDs and LPs. I've liked his Riversides more, and tend to reach for them, bypassing the Verves.

Maybe I'll hang on until the (rusted) box is worth as much as a (rusted) car...

Mine works fine after several years. A really great box musically!

It only works because you keep opening it! :smirk: Like I said, there's some magnificent music in this set. I think the solo sessions are transcendent, and I love all the trio stuff from beginning to end. Of course, I dumped the rust box years ago and repackaged the cds into jewel boxes.

gregmo