Dog Flatulence - Not Man's Best Friend

Why is it always so quiet?

Why does it come more often when you feed them good food?

Why do they prefer being good all day and them climb into bed with you at night and then bring it on in full?

And finally of all the flatulence odors available,, why did dogs choose the most malodorant stifling scent available?

I used to know a drummer whose nickname was "Cheeto-fart". I never knew why until we did a weekend out of town...

But...dog gas is just nasty in a way that no human flatulence I've ever experienced has been.

There must be some neuro-chemical thing going on with that, like how we seldom find our own flatulence as offensive as do others.

Odd topic, I know, but....god knows I love my dog, but last night he was right up in my face sleeping and...wow.

Thanks for letting me vent, Organissimo, and no thanks, Josh, for venting when you did. BAD DOG!!!!

But I love him anyway.

But we went to Blue Buffalo, and it's been a few months now.

That stuff is stoopidcrazyexpensive, but when you see an 11 year old Golden Retriever pick up like he has, it's like, ok, right choice if we can afford it.

I wonder if LTB snuck him some contraband yesterday...she's been known to to that from time to time...

My friend Omar's boxer Ace would regularly rip farts of an unbelievable stench. The sharpest, most overwhelming odor I have ever encountered. And I've been a janitor off and on for years, so I have a well-tested nose.