Chuck Nessa

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havn't listened to or gone to see MOPDTK and you guys are doing nothing to encourage me.

OTOH, I really like Irabagon and the last time I saw him (stikcing to tenor) with Helias and Altschul he was pretty damn great when he hit his groove

The 3Dom Factor on Tum is darn good.

I believe you should give MOPDTK a try. But - then I may be the only one.

I havn't listened to or gone to see MOPDTK and you guys are doing nothing to encourage me.

OTOH, I really like Irabagon and the last time I saw him (stikcing to tenor) with Helias and Altschul he was pretty damn great when he hit his groove

The 3Dom Factor on Tum is darn good.

I believe you should give MOPDTK a try. But - then I may be the only one.

3Dom Factor is a very fine recording - pretty similar in vibe to the trio I saw live except the night I saw them it was Irabagon's music and Mark Helias is always incredible live.

Thanks for the clips Larry. I'll check them out.

Count me in as another fan of Mostly Other People. Maybe not hyper-original or boundary-pushing, but I don't think that's the point. Just a free-swinging jazz quartet. Works for me. I also think Jon Irabagon is someone we'll still be hearing from in 30 years and who will reward the investment.

• 3 years later...