RVGs - March 09, 2004

mgraham333

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess Freddie wasn't ready afterall. I just went back to CDUniverse to check on the status of RFR and it had changed from "back ordered" to "no longer available."

I'll keep checking as the street date approaches to see if it gets added back, but my guess is we'll see 5 titles in the March 9th batch not 6.

Well I guess Freddie wasn't ready afterall. I just went back to CDUniverse to check on the status of RFR and it had changed from "back ordered" to "no longer available."

I'll keep checking as the street date approaches to see if it gets added back, but my guess is we'll see 5 titles in the March 9th batch not 6.

I emailed CDUniverse yesterday about "Ready For Freddie" not being at the same price as the other RVGs, so maybe that's why the listing got pulled. Maybe I should have just ordered it yesterday. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the @*$& deal is with the upcoming batch(es) of RVGs at CDUniverse?

Free Form, Goin' West, Ready for Freddie, Right Now, and Sweet Honey Bee all show release on 3/9.

Byrd's At The Half Note Cafe has slipped to 3/23.

Newk's Time, Cape Verdean Blues, Prayer Meetin', Rockin' the Boat all show release on 3/23.

Conquistador and Never Let Me Go show release on 3/26....a Friday??

Edit: according to this page on the Blue Note site, the CDUniverse information seems to be correct for the 3/9 batch. Interesting...the five mentioned above appear on the new releases page, but SHB is missing from the RVG page.

Edited by mgraham333

CDUniverse sent me this email this morning...

CD11Sweet Honey Bee by Pearson, Du$8.39Shipped 1 on Mar 08, 2004

CD11Free Form by Byrd, Donald$8.39Shipped 1 on Mar 08, 2004

Garth,

Houston.

P.S. One day soon I really want to get into a discussion about the differences in sound between the TOCJ's, the JRVG's, the CONNS, and the new RVG's. I have about 90% of the Blue Notes up to 1963 in a mixture of all CD formats. I guess I never cared that much about the sonic differences until I joined this list ... now I am faced with having to replace a significant part of my collection ... You folks be bad!!!

There's a big EMI logo on the spine now.

Yeah...kinda ugly, ain't it? :(

Well, now that Ready For Freddie is a U.S. RVG, time to do the same for Here To Stay, Davis Cup, and Flight To Jordan! Right Blue Note? Er, EMI?

Edited by BruceH