Organissimo at the Firefly

Just wanted to thank the band once more for a great evening. I got the chance to meet GregK from our board and we visited the Firefly for the first time. Was a little nervous about all the pictures of Blues artists on the wall and the crowd seemed to initially respond more towards the blues tracks. I wanted to hear JAZZ!

Second and third sets we got it full blast. Randy: just wanted to remind you that you were inspired during those two sets. You are definitely no lazy drummer.

Jim met an organist colleague in the audience so he was obligated to BURN! Joe was his usual solid self.

Really loved the two Don Patterson tunes. Like your new song, "Smokin Section," along with the tunes from "Boogaloo Sisters."

GregK is a really nice person.

Look forward to the next time you're in town. WNMC take note! :g

I can assure you that the audience had no trouble hearing Joe. In fact, until you moved your organ speaker, we could barely here you, but things were well balanced at the end. I noticed Joe had a real fan by the side of the wall. His head was bobbing up and down and he apparently plays guitar. He can tell a real pro! ;)

BTW, I did find those track listings. Thanks!

You know, it isn't a bad session at all. Not as good as "Got a Good Thing Goin" but not bad. Not all the songs are the same.

I noticed Joe had a real fan by the side of the wall. His head was bobbing up and down and he apparently plays guitar.

Randy said the guy was playing Brazilian and classical guitar. I only met him briefly and didn't get to chat, but yeah, he was really digging it! There were two other guitarists seated at a table in front, too. Nice to get some love from my guitar brothers. :wub: B)

I had a great time. I wish I could have stayed longer. Sounds like the second and third sets were good. I wanted to let the band know that as I was driving to the club, Michael G Nastos was mentioning the gig and he played one of your tunes on WEMU.

Greg, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to hang with you..

Greg, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to hang with you..

Hey, no problem. I did want to ask you, though, if that was Chunga's Revenge Zappa on your bass drum? I kept squinting at it, trying to figure it out, but my eyesight is so bad that it was never clear.

Indeed it is the "Chunga's Revenge" Zappa on my bass drum head.. :tup