Sony to release mono Miles Davis set

J.A.W.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A new edition of 'Bitches Brew' has just been announced: "Bitches Brew: The Mono Radio Luxembourg Edition"

Carefully remastered so the music drifts in and out of audibility with other radio stations seeping in. Lots of crackle and distortion. And Kid Jensen's DJ-ing interspersed between tracks. There might even be adverts.

Just like some of us heard it first time.

[The special gift presentation pack packaging includes a replica late-60s transistor radio that can be connected directly to your amplifier or by streaming from your computer]

Edited by A Lark Ascending

A new edition of 'Bitches Brew' has just been announced: "Bitches Brew: The Mono Radio Luxembourg Edition"

Carefully remastered so the music drifts in and out of audibility with other radio stations seeping in. Lots of crackle and distortion. And Kid Jensen's DJ-ing interspersed between tracks. There might even be adverts.

[The special gift presentation pack packaging includes a replica late-60s transistor radio that can be connected directly to your amplifier or by streaming from your computer]

I would listen to that.

I would listen to that.

A new app has just been announced:"Spotify: AM crackle & distortion emulator"

I'm waiting for the 'Agharta' side 1 French (Normandy)-AM station emulator with added tropospheric scatter..

Edited by sidewinder

They have just been rereleased in Japan (on Blu-spec CD2).

Agharta

Pangaea

These should sound terrific.

they do.... :tup

i'm very curious about this mono set. i'm about to pull the trigger on it for +/- $50.-, which one would think would be a no-brainer, but like a lot of people i have numerous issues of each already except for 'jazz track' and 'miles + monk'...

Edited by etherbored

And probably they'll be gone before I remember to order them (doesn't CD Japan maintain that "saved items" list? I had some in there, but it's all empty again after less than two weeks).

shouldn't be. these are just recently released and should be available for some time. now as to whether cd japan will have them, i can't say.

Well, it was the new Dolphy and Adderley SHMs that went off my list ... surely not OOP yet, or else my jokes about seven minutes of availability will ring even truer from now on :D

Btw, I'm almost through "Miles Ahead" (darn that squeaky Art Taylor drum chair! but at least he had a conductor preventing him from rushing here ;)) and think these sound fine - but remember I'm not audiophile and am - again right now! - mostly enjoying the great, great music!

Btw, I'm almost through "Miles Ahead" (darn that squeaky Art Taylor drum chair! but at least he had a conductor preventing him from rushing here ;)) and think these sound fine - but remember I'm not audiophile and am - again right now! - mostly enjoying the great, great music!

Unlike that "white bitch" on the original cover? ;)

8436028691692.jpg

Was this ever a legit cover? Saw it on Amazon, never saw it before, says the label is Nippon Columbia (the listing says it's mono even though the graphic says stereo):

51M59w%2B-tvL.jpg

Amazon

It looks like an USA original mono in a Japanese sleeve.

Or just a Crooky record seller. :)

round%2Bmidnight.jpg

The Japanese sleeve!! ( thankx to king ubu :) )

Edited by tomatamot