Ishmael Reed NYT OpEd

I see no overt politicism in the article, just a reflection on the man's personal style relative to a jazz paradigm, same as we had scores of articles about Reagan's personal style relative to Hollywood, cowboys, etc.

Believe me, if Ishmael Redd wanted to get "political", this is not what it would look like. :g

Yes, except for the ridiculous assertion about California's Insurance Exchange

Maybe it was because our state’s health-insurance exchange, Covered California, demonstrates how well the Affordable Care Act works when implemented correctly: My youngest daughter got a silver plan that drastically reduces her monthly premiums within an hour of applying.)

I'd dissect this comment in great detail but that would really tip it into politics.

Good for Reed's daughter, and we all know that results are inconsistent, but that's "political" only in the sense that it would be if I said that I like the whole mandatory electronic medical records thing because when I go to a variety of doctors, I don't have to lug papers or otherwise get delayed by hard copy bog-dom. Ok, some people are getting freaked out about that because of perceived privacy issues, and some people are bummed out by it because they have doctors whose ability to work with anything network-y is at best...limited. I understand on both counts, but all I can say is that it works for me, or has so far. I don't think that's as much "political" as it is I'm just recounting my personal experience, not trying to start or end a debate. Somebody asks, hey how are you, well, if I just got done at the doctor and everything was coordinated like it's supposed to be then hey, just fine, had a good experience at the doctor, thanks for asking, how about you? Don't tell me I'm not fine when I am, and I'll not tell you you're fine when you say you're not. Then it would be political, or even worse, meddlesome.