Surely This Has Happened To You?

JSngry

You know, you keep finding a bunch of good deals for music online, stuff you need to have for moral/archival/curiosity reasons, so you gotta carpe diem, but no rush, get the cheapest postage offered, and then you let a couple days go by and you're all, no mail today, huh? hope nothings gotten lost, and then there's a 3-Day Weekend and then on the fourth day EVERYTHING shows up at once and you're all, holy shit, that's a lot of stuff I just bought all at once, and THEN it dawns on you that you've been doing the same thing for the last few days as well, but thank god for no more 3-Day weekends, right? Blows successfully staggered going forth, but watch out for that Memorial Day now, that'll be here before you know it, so plan ahead AND accordingly.

Don't tell me this hasn't happened to you!

Yeah that's happened to me. That endless cycle of struggling through the day and getting my hopes up that something will be waiting for me at home... "If even one of the CDs i'm waiting for finally arrives then life will be okay (while quietly getting my hopes up that everything will arrive... hey, it's all due so it could happen!)"... and then, nothing... but oh that glorious day when it does arrive! Rinse and repeat.

Yes, that happens to me. Aggravated by the Westlake post office, which is the worst I ever remember being associated with. And especially galling as I have so little time to listen and get overwhelming chunks.

I could stop. Yeah right.

Bev, downloading is not at all the same for me. Just totally unappetizing.

Even though in theory I've cut it down to the bone, even though in theory I only order essential box sets that I know I WILL make time for, even though I supposedly listen to every single CD (if not box) before buying more... They just tumble over each other. And this from someone who uses streaming and has sworn off 'collecting'. Help.

PS I'm certain I don't buy even 10% of what you guys buy. I avoid buying wherever possible. But the trickle of mail order, the forgotten pre-order, the in-store impulse purchase. And I just have no TIME...

Even though in theory I've cut it down to the bone, even though in theory I only order essential box sets that I know I WILL make time for, even though I supposedly listen to every single CD (if not box) before buying more... They just tumble over each other. And this from someone who uses streaming and has sworn off 'collecting'. Help.

PS I'm certain I don't buy even 10% of what you guys buy. I avoid buying wherever possible. But the trickle of mail order, the forgotten pre-order, the in-store impulse purchase. And I just have no TIME...

I can identify with this mentality.

Oh, I got another one yesterday, things that had been ordered over a few days right before the President's Day weekend so probably had a delay in shipping, not delivery.

It was harder to get all this stuff at once when you had to go out to get it. This point and click method is really way, way too easy. It's like, ok, what have I heard today that I want to have in the house for deeper consideration, here it is for cheap, order it, and now, off to bed. A few days later, it shows up at your house, like, hi, my name is CD, this is my partner LP, and we're here from the agency. Agency? Oh yeah, the agency, that's right, Well, c'mon in, get settled in, .good to see you made it ok. Dinner's at 7. And then, a few days later, the agency sends some more of 'em over. It's like you've got some notch carved in one of your trees and every hobo in the world knows you're a soft touch.