LEE KONITZ The Lee Konitz Nonet Roulette LP YX-7561-RO

I have that LP, it´s very fine music. I think I remember they also played one ore two Chick Corea compositions on it.

I remember the liner notes and the statement by Lee when he was invited to do a European Tour with a nonet and he was kinda puzzled and answered:

A nonet ? That´s difficult ! How about a quartet and a quintet, or three trios ?

This the one that was released in the UK on Pye, I believe. NSPL 28240.

David, thnx for the Info.

thnx for the hint Head Man - was helpfull to reach status "mission accomplished".

Edited by soulpope

I think I haven´t listened to that LP for years. Good idea to go back listening to it.

If I remember right, one of the tunes was "If Dreams Come True".

And another big point ! Sy Oliver was the arranger of the stuff. Rite now while I´m posting that......, I think I hear it in my head, the "voicings" you know, I think it was the way Sy Oliver makes the stuff sound.....

• 3 weeks later...

once again thnx for giving guidance, as a very nice japanese copy found a good home in Vienna/Austria :D

once again thnx for giving guidance, as a very nice japanese copy found a good home in Vienna/Austria :D

... good price too :D

... good price too :D

absolutely :tup:tup !!