Tim Buckley

Teasing the Korean

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Teasing the Korean said:

Dream Letter is by far the best of the posthumous live albums, IMO.  It is like an additional album from that time.  

The Happy/Sad, Blue Afternoon, Lorca period is by far my favorite.  The early stuff is a little precious, and Starsailor and Greetings don't quite work for me, even though they have their moments.  

Agreed, "Happy/Sad"," Blue Afternoon", and the "normal" album side of "Lorca" are really good.  I am a bigger fan of the first two albums than you, especially "Goodbye and Hello".  "Dream Letter" was stunning when it first came out.  It was the first of the posthumous live albums.  I haven't tried to rank those live albums, they're all good.

5 minutes ago, felser said:

Agreed, "Happy/Sad"," Blue Afternoon", and the "normal" album side of "Lorca" are really good.  I am a bigger fan of the first two albums than you, especially "Goodbye and Hello".  "Dream Letter" was stunning when it first came out.  It was the first of the posthumous live albums.  I haven't tried to rank those live albums, they're all good.

Oh, I LOVE those first two albums, they are just different than the trilogy that I referenced. 

I believe this is now in general circulation (it began life as a limited edition). It's much more than an odds and sods collection. It does a fine job of tracking Buckley's evolution from HAPPY/SAD to GOODBYE AND HELLO. Specifically, you can hear him his looser, more expressionistic vocal approach — one less indebted to folk traditions — begin to emerge.

http://www.timbuckley.com/works-in-progress/

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

I believe this is now in general circulation (it began life as a limited edition). It's much more than an odds and sods collection. It does a fine job of tracking Buckley's evolution from HAPPY/SAD to GOODBYE AND HELLO. Specifically, you can hear him his looser, more expressionistic vocal approach — one less indebted to folk traditions — begin to emerge.

http://www.timbuckley.com/works-in-progress/

Yes, we discussed this, though not by name.  "Song of the Siren" is on here.