Can't take the heat?

The Groper

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read all the DEEP threads, so forgive me if this is something that's already been discussed. Why doesn't Dan just create his own website and hold forth there? He can say whatever he wants with no threat of expulsion. He can be the King of his own world.

I would speculate that he's thought of this and may actually prefer to visit and ravage the sites of others. He reminds me of a friend of mine (from high school days) who's an amazing player and incredibly intelligent but a hostile and cruel person when he's chemically altered (or when he's not and wants to be). And then he's bugged because no one will hire him. I reached out to this guy countless times, used him on gigs, and finally had to give up and get away from him lest I get "dragged into the pit". I try to be extra patient and tolerant with friends I perceive to be the "tortured genius" type, but it comes down to that life is just too short to spend it in co-dependent agony. That may sound cold, but there comes a point where you have to save yourself.

I haven't read all the DEEP threads, so forgive me if this is something that's already been discussed. Why doesn't Dan just create his own website and hold forth there? He can say whatever he wants with no threat of expulsion. He can be the King of his own world.

I would speculate that he's thought of this and may actually prefer to visit and ravage the sites of others. He reminds me of a friend of mine (from high school days) who's an amazing player and incredibly intelligent but a hostile and cruel person when he's chemically altered (or when he's not and wants to be). And then he's bugged because no one will hire him. I reached out to this guy countless times, used him on gigs, and finally had to give up and get away from him lest I get "dragged into the pit". I try to be extra patient and tolerant with friends I perceive to be the "tortured genius" type, but it comes down to that life is just too short to spend it in co-dependent agony. That may sound cold, but there comes a point where you have to save yourself.

I see now on my google toolbar there's an icon for blogging: there's an easy solution.

--eric

There ya go. Sounds like a plan. :tup

BTW Jim, I'll add to the comments by saying you have shown extraordinary restraint and patience in dealing w/this whole thing. That's some of the bad shit that you have to deal with when you run a show like this. Fortunately the other 99% has IMHO been good, so keep up the good work. :tup:tup

Hmmm ..

the concept of a DildyScreedBlog has many positives ..

that way, his DEEPness could pour out all his "stuff" ( both the vile and misogynistic blorts as well as the informative and truly humourous posts ) all in one place ..

without being chased from website to website like the proverbial man with out a country..

( or possibly a "cunt tree " in DEEPs case ..sorry ladies ) :g

I'm surprised he hasn't thought of it by now .. :tup:winky:

Hmmm ..

the concept of a DildyScreedBlog has many positives ..

that way, his DEEPness could pour out all his "stuff" ( both the vile and misogynistic blorts as well as the informative and truly humourous posts ) all in one place ..

without being chased from website to website like the proverbial man with out a country..

( or possibly a "cunt tree " in DEEPs case ..sorry ladies ) :g

I'm surprised he hasn't thought of it by now .. :tup:winky:

SGud,

No offence taken.

But, it seems to me that this idea was considered a while ago and rejected, for some reason.

If I understand blogs, those who participate in discussions have to be notified of the blog's location in order to do so.

That may be a viable choice, given recent events.

Right the fuck on! I currently know, have known, have hired, have worked as a sideman with, and have even lived with a few of the "Tortured Genius Types"... :tup Word.. Life really is too short!

Edited by randissimo

DEEP--OUT THERE LURKING--Can you believe these tortured post-mortems? At least two of these threads are bursting with vilification and sanctimony days after your ostracization. Methinks they PROTEST TOO MUCH. Maybe one of your SUPERIORS will shoot me your email address (Patty?) so I can resume our personal pissing contest (I don't mind getting wet.) That HAM-FISTED PRIG Christiern will eventually be drained of his tedious indignation if he needn't witness our FUN.

Patty: How offended can you be by my use of the NOTORIOUS C-WORD when you took the trouble to quote it for the benefit of those who didn't understand the reference? Out of all the slime that's been bandied about WITH VIGAH you get pissed off at a synonym for your own GENDER? But seriously, I apologize for being a PRICK. And BTW, whoever accused DEEP of using the DREADED C-WORD, is guilty of PILING ON. I'm ashamed for all of us. We should be BEGGING HIS FORGIVENESS.

B-3er: I think it's significant that you and Use3 allow DEEP to continue lurking. Maybe there's redemption for ALL OF US. Use3 could be the instrument of our salvation IF HE CHOOSES.

DEEP--OUT THERE LURKING--Can you believe these tortured post-mortems?  At least two of these threads are bursting with vilification and sanctimony days after your ostracization.  Methinks they PROTEST TOO MUCH.  Maybe one of your SUPERIORS will shoot me your email address (Patty?) so I can resume our personal pissing contest (I don't mind getting wet.)  That HAM-FISTED PRIG Christiern will eventually be drained of his tedious indignation if he needn't witness our FUN.

Patty:  How offended can you be by my use of the NOTORIOUS C-WORD when you took the trouble to quote it for the benefit of those who didn't understand the reference?  Out of all the slime that's been bandied about WITH VIGAH you get pissed off at a synonym for your own GENDER?  But seriously, I apologize for being a PRICK.  And BTW, whoever accused DEEP of using the DREADED C-WORD, is guilty of PILING ON.  I'm ashamed for all of us.  We should be BEGGING HIS FORGIVENESS.

B-3er:  I think it's significant that you and Use3 allow DEEP to continue lurking.  Maybe there's redemption for ALL OF US.  Use3 could be the instrument of our salvation IF HE CHOOSES.

BACK OFF and stop being an ass. If you don't understand why I was offended at the "synonym" YOU used, in reference to me, then you probably don't understand why the "N" word is offensive either. I quoted YOUR post, to clarify my comment. Just drop this nonsense and move on.

Edited by patricia

Patty:  Oh, well--I guess OLIVE BRANCHES just don't work at Organissimo, Inc.  Just be happy I haven't used the L-WORD.

Happy??? My friends don't use any of the offensive terms that you have.

It never occurred to me to be THANKFUL that they don't. They don't punch me in the face either. It also never occurred to me to be thankful for that. Why would they do a stupid thing like that???

As I say, just back off.

Edited by patricia