RVGs - March 23, 2004

street singer

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a reprise of my post from a few days ago:

Anyone notice the extra track on disk #1 of Byrd's "Half Note" set? The liner shows 7 tracks (including the intro), but there are 8 on the CD.

Later ...

I just realized that it's a different version of "Pure D. Funk" - track #6 on disk 1.

At least I think it's a different version. I'm not good at A/B-ing these things.

Edited by BFrank

The back cover says EIGHT tracks including introduction; the sixth is the Theme (Pure de Funk) and the eighth is Chant, just as the back cover indicates. . . .

Now THAT'S weird. The back cover of mine does NOT have that. It only shows the 7 tracks - not including "Theme (Pure de Funk)".

I picked up mine at Amoeba. It didn't have shrink-wrap, but it did have the seal on top. I wonder if it is some kind of "early" reviewers' release, although there's nothing to indicate that - no cut spine or label of any sort.

You think it's a collector's item?????????? B)

The previous, Doubletime, version's back cover only had seven tracks listed for volume one I believe. . . well, I just checked, it does and a different playing order.

Sure you have the RVG?  (I know, I know, just checking).

Absolutely, Lon. It doesn't look like any sort of bootleg, either......unless they're VERY good. It's not listed in the track listings in the booklet, either.

For that matter, the BN website only shows the 7 tracks and the order is the same as mine. Then again......it also does NOT list track #4 on disk 2 - "When Sunny Gets Blue".

Somebody call Michael C or RVG! ^_^